Wonderful Product!

Posted by Reviewer1478272 on Apr 28, 2009

This product works like the Lavilin deodorant but is less expensive, and they are both made by the same company, Now Foods. Although this Now Deodorant isn't as powerful as the cream formula in the jar, it is much more convenient to apply. The jar formula has to be scraped off and spread with your fingers -no big deal, but not convenient if your in a hurry. However, I find the jar formula gives me about 5 days worth of protection. This stick formula glides on very easily and quickly just like a regular deodorant stick, and it gives me about 3 days worth of protection. Protection time varies as to how much you sweat, and I am a heavy sweater living in a very hot climate, so your protection may be more. The stick formula is not as thick as the cream formula, so the protection doesn't last as long. The way these products work is that you shower/bathe at night, and apply to clean armpits. This allows the product to sink deep into pores to provide a barrier against odor causing bacteria but does so without chemicals or aluminum found in regular deodorants. In the morning, you wash as usual and can now go a few days without applying any deodorant. If you hate the feeling of regular deodorants like I do or hate the stains they can cause in clothing, these Now deodorant products are a wonderful alternative. ~PJ

Long Lasting

Posted by Reviewer1727884 on Jul 19, 2009

Can hold up to all day use and then hitting the gym. Does not stain. Does have antiperspirant qualities. Highly recommend this. Only negative, lavender is not my favorite scent; good thing it's not overpowering. I hope Now Foods comes up with something else in the scent department.

Disappointed

Posted by Reviewer1037014 on Sep 18, 2010

Changed their formula from their cream (which has the same name). I bought the stick for convenience and because it has the same name as their cream (which I am very happy with) so I thought I was getting the same product. I love the cream form because it works very well and is ALL natural. This stuff has Propylene Glycol in it and artificical color and fragrance. I gave it 2 stars rather than 1 because it does work as a deodorant, but if you want all natural ingredients as not toxify your body - try the Now Foods Long Lasting Deodorant cream instead.

The best aluminum-free deodorant!

Posted by Reviewer1177595 on Jul 29, 2013

I have tried a lot deodorants, trying to find something that keeps the smell away for an entire day, without aluminum, parabens and Other harmful ingredients. Out of the 15-20 I have tried, this is the best one. Without a doubt! It has its drawbacks; it leaves white marks on clothes, and it smells lavender (which is ok, but not my favourite, wish they could make more than one alternative). But I still give it five stars, for beeing the only one that really works;)

Very Disappointed

Posted by Reviewer2371998 on Jul 27, 2010

The product went on all white and stained my clothes. So ladies do not wear white with this.

turned to glupe

Posted by Reviewer1754550 on Sep 03, 2011

this deodorant was good but then after a few months the stick melted into a sloppy glupe! 2 of my friends bought it and the same thing happened to theirs!

Great product

Posted by 5315611613761516956 on Jun 28, 2014

Bought this to try out. It has a great lavender smell that stays on for a while till you shower. The reason why it only got 4 stars is because it is white! Make no mistake, you will get white pits with this product, so use with care though be generous. however, after applying for a few days, the deodorant aspect kicked in and I really hardly smell even after a heavy session of physiotherapy. The lavender smell does not stay on after showering, so you are free to use any fragrance without conflict for the day! This is not an antiperspirant which means you still sweat. As described by another user, best way is to use it at night and it stays smell free for the next 2 days or so. I stay in a wet & humid country and this is almost by far the best natural deodorant I have tried that really works.

Unhealthy ingredients

Posted by Reviewer1190919 on Jul 10, 2011

I'm mostly very pleased with products from Now Foods, but this was one was a mistake! No product with Propylene Glycol is coming on my skin! (I obviously forgot to check the ingredients) Now Foods is going to replace the Propylene Glycol, until then - don't buy this deodorant.

This deodorant is better than any I've EVER used!!!!!

Posted by Reviewer2405235 on Jul 14, 2011

All I can say is WOW!!! when it comes to this deodorant. Feels good, smells good, and hold up in 100+ degree weather. I wouldn't use anything other than this. I've tried other natural deodorants and wonder why they're still on the shelves...ugh!! I HIGHLY recommend!

love it!!!

Posted by Reviewer2630412 on May 06, 2011

Love this deodorant. Works very well for me. Only have to apply it every other day and it smells wonderful.