Hexane extracted, heat treated and refined rose hip seed oil.

Posted by Leione on Apr 02, 2014

Unrefined cold pressed rose hip seed oil is orange and has a distinct rose hip aroma. This one is clear and has no aroma, which proves that it has been refined and altered by heat. Even though it retains some of its moisturizing properties, it has been stripped of many of the nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants that cold pressed rose hip seed oil is valued for. It looks like it has been hexane extracted, which makes it even dangerous. Hexane is a known carcinogen and considered a hazardous substance by the EPA. Sodium hydroxide and sodium carbonate altering the natural integrity and composition of rose hip seed oil might have been added. Its clear color is the result of it having been exposed to extreme temperatures during the refining process which destroys the naturally occurring essential saturated and unsaturated fatty acids and proteins that are so beneficial in unrefined cold pressed rose hip seed oil. It's no longer hypoallergenic and safe for all skin types, it's no longer rich in the naturally occurring in raw shea butter vitamins A, C and E, powerful antioxidants, as well as linoleum and linolenic fatty acids, it no longer possesses the nourishing, protective, soothing, healing, anti-inflammatory, regenerative and rejuvenating properties of unrefined rose hip seed oil. Won't order it again.

Not cold-pressed

Posted by Reviewer2792171 on Apr 06, 2012

This is hexane-extracted and different in colour, consistency and efficacy to the more expensive Aust/NZ rosehip oil that I normally use.

very nice

Posted by Reviewer1878537 on Apr 29, 2011

this oil is very nice. It does not smell or look like other rose hip oils I used, but that's because it is not cold pressed, but steam distilled. It is definitely working though as the minute I put it on my face, my skin felt smoother and more relaxed. The other oil I used to use was 6 times more expensive. I definitely recommend trying this one before spending huge sums of money on something more expensive.

Great for skin blemishes and scars

Posted by Reviewer2336436 on May 02, 2008

I used this on my stretch marks and discolorations of my newborn daughters face (some birth marks and some blemishes from a long bumpy trip through the birth canal!). With daily use her facial blemishes faded to hardly noticable after 3 or 4 months time. And my stretch marks faded in color and the texture is smoother. I use it around my eyes in combination with pure vitamin E, and find it has reduced puffiness, faded the dark color, and smoothed away the fine lines. I've read about this oil being used to treat the facial scars of car crash victims and scars from surgery with great success. This is the lowest priced brand I've found and it works for me. Good luck!

Wonderful!

Posted by Reviewer2393910 on Jul 29, 2008

I mix this with some carrier oils to moisturize my face. It is helping to heal old acne scars and evening out my skin tone!

Recomendable para cualquier cosa

Posted by curlyherb on Mar 07, 2014

Bueno, el producto es fantástico. (Pero no este, la rosa mosqueta en general). Yo lo mezclo con una crema hidratante natural y lo aplico tras mi depilación laser. Es genial También me lo aplico en la cara cuando se me descama por el frío o el sol. Está genial de precio, y sobretodo comparándolo con los precios en España... Peeeero... Huele como a pescado cuando te lo aplicas jajaja. Es un olor muy raro. Si metes la nariz en el bote... es como barniz, y luego en la cara es un olor regulín. De todos modos, yo lo aplico por la noche generalmente, así que sin problema. Precio y calidad excelentes :) Si te ha servido mi review, pincha en que te ha ayudado. Es un segundo ^^

Luminous Skin!

Posted by Reviewer2899620 on Sep 23, 2011

Of all the oils I've tried, this one is the most compatible with my facial skin. It isn't heavy and doesn't sit on the face for very long before it's absorbed. But it also deeply nourishes my complexion, and makes it glow with moisture. It evens out and calms my skin tone, plus, also has reduced the darkness of my sun spots. I shake several drops onto the palm of my hand, then spray distilled water into my palm and mix them together. Then I pat/rub the oily water onto my skin. If it's summertime, this is all I need at night, or add a little sunscreen for the daytime. If it's a dry time, like in the winter, I follow it with a cream moisturizer. Ever since I started using this fabulous oil, I've seen a difference in my skin and will stick with it forever.

Should have better bottle packaging

Posted by Reviewer1122052 on Jul 05, 2011

Nice competitive price for Rose Hip Seed Oil. Though if I have any complaints at all, it's that NOW Foods needs to find a better packaging for this product. The bottle leaked a little oil when it arrived. Thankfully, iherb anticipated this and was thoughtful enough to place it in an additional ziplock bag so it did not transfer to other items and was easy to clean up. Another gripe about the bottle is that the oil is extremely hard to dispense from the dropper insert. It would take ages before even one drop comes out. As suggested by other reviewers, one can remove the plastic dropper insert altogether. However, I haven't done that yet as I do not want a pool of oil on my hands every time either. I would still have preferred a more "controlled" method of dispensing the drops so if NOW Foods can source for a more suitable packaging for this oil that would be great. For example, your avocado oil comes in a different type of bottle (flip top bottle) that is much easier to dispense yet still be able to control the amount of oil I want out. Just a thought.

Good oil.

Posted by SonjaT on Jul 01, 2012

I think I don't have to tell you of it's benefits. I just have to tell you that I'm very happy with this oil. Very happy.

Love this!

Posted by Reviewer1513887 on Jan 19, 2010

Use as a moisturizer in my clay face masks. Face mask cleans pores, this oil moisturizes. Good stuff.