Something has changed...and not for the good.

Posted by Reviewer1030167 on Jul 13, 2010

I have been using Now Soy Protein for quite a few years and something has changed in this last batch. I add the powder to my oatmeal every morning & use to like the flavor and texture. It wasn't sweet, just mild and it gave the oatmeal a nice smooth texture. This last batch feels gritty when I scoop it out of the jug. It doesn't absorb the water the same way and leaves a slightly bitter after taste. It's VERY different than all of the other jugs that I have used before. I will be contacting the company about it this week. What I love about this protein powder is that I can balance my blood sugar by putting it my oatmeal & instead of "crashing" in 20 minutes, I can eat at 7am and not feel hungry again until noon!

It floats

Posted by Reviewer2119072 on Nov 06, 2010

I have been using this product for years. Unlike all the previous batches this one is hydrophobic. In the past it always mixed well with milk, better than other protein powders I had tried. The product now creates a foaming layer of the powder on top of the milk and you end up with much of the powder stuck to the side of the glass after drinking down the milk. Disappointed!

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer3002813 on Jun 23, 2009

I use this to make homemade protein bars for my husband. Excellent price!

Working product!

Posted by Reviewer2214905 on Sep 25, 2008

Over all my skin texture has improved which I noticed the next morning. My joints have straightened from prior connective tissue injuries. I have not gained weight. My diet was obviously lacking in needed nutrients, even though I thought I was eating well. Great product, Top Job.

Mr.

Posted by Reviewer1312630 on Jan 10, 2009

I wouldn't want to live without this product.

Just natural

Posted by Reviewer2667642 on Mar 15, 2009

I grow up in Japan and have eaten a lot of tofu. As you know, tofu is a good source of vegetable protein in Japan and very very healthy. When I started living in US, I found most of soy milk and soy protein tastes just like juice for me. Too sweet. But this one tastes like tofu itself. Feels very natural. I love this products.

KONSTANTIN SINELNIKOV

Posted by Reviewer1860272 on Mar 28, 2011

Great value, perfect for cooking.

VERY VERSATILE!

Posted by Sweetx-Shorty on Oct 22, 2013

Can be added to almost any beverage and with the exception of a slight soy taste, it doesn't affect the original beverage's taste much. AND it makes the drink much more CREAMIER! Thickens up nicely and you get a shot of protein. Really recommended (:

Price is right

Posted by Reviewer2350044 on Dec 19, 2007

Some years ago when my hair started falling out due to low thyroid I went to my local health food store for help! I do take medication for the low thyroid but it wasn't enough. Since taking the soy protein for some years now I have no more hair loss. It helped me for sure!

Soy vs. Whey Protein

Posted by Reviewer1516413 on Dec 12, 2008

I ordered both this product and Jarrow unflavored whey protein to compare the two. Both were bland to flavorless with no after-taste. The Now soy protein is about 25% less expensive. But the soy protein does not dissolve completely, even after 60sec of vigorous shaking in the iHerb Blender Bottle. When you drink it, you can feel it in your mouth: definitely not gritty, perhaps not even chalky, but certainly noticeable. In contrast, the Jarrow whey protein dissolves completely after a few shakes of the blender bottle. For me, the complete dissolving is worth the 25% premium so my choice is the whey.