Now Foods Powder Spirulina -- The Best for its price (for me!)

Posted by Thoughtful-Reviews on Feb 08, 2014

Howdy! I love spirulina (and chlorella). I love spirulina in its powder form. I make smoothies with, mix it my favorite juice, or simply put it down my throat chased by water (!). Through the years, I've developed a taste for them that I can take, and swallow them "pure". For brands, I alternate between Now Food's spirulina powder (this product), and Nutrex's Hawaiian Spirulina. I like Nutrex's more becuase it tastes better for me. But, 'Now', is cheaper by about $6.... I've tried 'Earthrise' before. But soon found out that other Spirulinas of similar "quality" are more competitively priced. For those who are new with Spirulina (and Chlorella), I highly suggest that you visit this super informative site (chlorellafactor.com ... you must like this site -- it is not selling you anything, but information). Read a lot and you'd see why this two green foods are called "superfoods". >>> To get more /Nuggets and Tips/ on products me and my family have actually bought and used... ... Click the link above [[Posted By Thoughtful-Reviews]]. Thanks for reading! <<<"

Excellent Product

Posted by Reviewer1091779 on Jan 12, 2014

Excellent Product

un goût affreux mais un complément très complet!

Posted by 4889899304845813592 on Mar 05, 2013

j'ai commencé à en prendre pour mon manque de fer et pour activer la pousse de mes cheveux. Je dois dire que je ne suis pas très régulière dans mes prises car cette poudre a un goût affreux! En plus elle est très difficile à mélanger au jus de fruit (consistance gélatineuse dès qu'on la met dans un liquide) mais malgré tout c'est un complément de qualité et très complet. Je m'en sert aussi en soins externes en masque sur le visage et les cheveux et la spiruline a un effet très revigorant (teint plus clair, "frais", cheveux doux).

Alright

Posted by 5358208372418061161 on Feb 17, 2013

I use it in shakes and stuff like that b/c i need spirulina so i am buying it again

As of August 2012, No Longer Hawaiian Spirulina

Posted by wholefoods on Jan 28, 2013

I began using NOW Spirulina Powder in May, 2012. At that time, this product was labelled 100% Hawaiian Spirulina. I found the previous product to be of exceptionally high quality, readily mixable in juice, and with a refreshing taste. The last container of this product I received was simply labelled Spirulina Powder. The texture, smell, and taste were all markedly different from and inferior to the previous product. I read on another review site that NOW previous sourced it's spirulina from a Hawaiian Spirulina manufacturer called Cynotech, which also sources the brand Nutrex Hawaiian Spirulina. The reviewer also stated that he contacted NOW and learned that NOW sources some of its other spirulina products from India. Due to the change in this product's label, as well as the change in the overall quality of this spirulina powder, I can only conclude that NOW has switched their product to an inferior grade of spirulina, possibly sourced from India where it sources its Certified Organic Spirulina product. I am disappointed in this product, which looks and tastes lifeless to me. I will not reorder and will switch to a Hawaiian Spirulina product, despite the higher cost. Please be aware of what you are getting when you order this product.

This is one of myregular products i use!

Posted by Reviewer1192749 on Jan 20, 2013

Gives me more energy, better mood, better concentration, endurance on sports and releases stress etc. Usually there is one can of these in every order i make! This one tastes so good that i can eat it raw without mixing it to water, but it messes my teeths with green color so sometimes i mix it in shaker. I'm in love with spirulina <3

Horrible!

Posted by Reviewer2867537 on Jan 18, 2013

Wow!... I really can`t drink this :-s The taste is so not good!... Had to throw it away and buy the pills instead... What a waste of money....

Excellent

Posted by 5302943264634277290 on Nov 26, 2012

Good quality product, prompt delivery. Thank you iHerb.com.

Use it daily

Posted by Reviewer1647855 on Nov 11, 2012

Like the product and the price. Use it daily since I became vegetarian. I buy usually organic, but for this product I stick with the natural product as stated by Now Foods.

Better sealed top!