The lid is not too good. It is too soft and does not fit well. Hard to remove...

Posted by Reviewer2986614 on Jan 17, 2012

I like the idea of a jug, but the lid on this jug is basically defective. It does not fit properly and it can be very hard to get off. If you do not tighten it enough the lid seems to fall off and then there is the chance of breaking the bottle. I am an old man but I do not suffer from any crippling diseases of the hands. This lid is very difficult to get off. Have them look at a large jug of Decaf coffee in a glass jar. That lid is harder and easier to grab when it is time to remove it. I will not order another one of this product unless they improve the lid. NOTE: I invite you to go To AMAZON and look at the reviews for the same item. There were not too many reviews but the ones there said basically the same thing. One reviewer said that they had actually called the company and someone at the company told them to get a HAIR Dryer and heat it to make it fit better. P L E A S E...... Are they in need of medications or just silly. Give that one some thought.

great jar!

Posted by bbchris on Jul 10, 2011

Cool jar, gotta bear in mind, most of the time its lying on its side and not like a jar!

works well

Posted by 101010011 on Oct 23, 2009

easy to use

Very good

Posted by Sabine on May 19, 2011

Good and big jar for sprouting.

Works well!

Posted by honestreviews1 on Apr 13, 2013

Durable. Simple. Very useful! Also useful when I wash lentils and rice for cooking!

Programmer turned Sprouter

Posted by aaronash on Dec 13, 2015

Great jar, easy to use. You're probably thinking "shoot man, why do I need to blow $$ on this noise when I can get my own stinkin' jar and mesh?" This may be true, except it's not. This thing is just perfect. Comes with a booklet that tells you how much seed you need. I went from being the kind of guy that lets his houseplants die to growing broccoli and onion sprouts constantly with 4 of these jars going on a rolling basis. It's so cheap to grow your own, and it's so healthy. Be sure to use filtered water, you don't want to use unfiltered tap water (with flouride) on your precious food.

1/2 gallon sporting jar

Posted by 5303697138590787308 on Mar 13, 2016

I love my sprouting jars. I now have four. They are sturdy and easy to clean and sterilize.

Plastic under the lid

Posted by Reviewer2509092 on Feb 27, 2016

My previous sprouting jar was made of plastic and therefore could not be sterilized by heating. I had to throw it away becouse it once got molded and after that would get moldy every time. I thought that this would be easy to sterilize in the oven, but the lid has plastic inside.

Disappointed

Posted by Reviewer1624275 on Sep 11, 2011

The lid does NOT screw on and off properly - the threads on the lib do not match the jar. You have to pressure the edges to secure lib to jar andoftern you end up pushing on the screen. Jar is very large and works for larger seeds, but does not seem to do well with double size batch of smaller sprouting seeds.

Sprouting Jar

Posted by whitestone on Mar 22, 2011

Great idea, but the lid is very difficult to get off, it doesn't fit well at all. So I will not recommend this jar.