Micaculous !

Posted by Reviewer1137596 on Mar 30, 2012

I have suffered from horrible anxiety/panick attacks and depression for 12 years. I read in a review that this product helped someone suffering from depression and so decided to give it a shot. I got the shipment at noon and I took 2 tablets that same day. To my astonishment and delight, this product worked immediately ! I praise God for the relief of not being submerged in horrible anxiety and depression any more ! I also take 5 HTP, vitamin D3 and magnesium/calcium. Hope this helps someone!

muscle impact

Posted by Reviewer2056739 on May 14, 2008

As a word of caution I would strongly recommend people with cronic migraine/tension headache problems NOT use this product. I bought tmg because it was a cheaper source of dmg with added benefits but the TMG induced nasty-call into work sick- tension headache due to the strong aches induced in my neck and shoulders. This is a known side effect. Otherwise this product delivers the goods which is why I gave it four stars.

"a premier methyl donor"

Posted by Reviewer1572662 on Jan 06, 2009

Dr. James Braly and author Patrick Holford write extensively about this powerful supplement in their ground-breaking book entitled "The H Factor Solution." TMG has been shown through clinical research to detoxify homocysteine in the liver. When added to folate, TMG makes a first arsenal defense against the damaging effects of high homocysteine levels. Now Foods offers a best buy. Recommended!

affordable SAM-E alternative

Posted by Reviewer1871275 on Mar 26, 2007

this product seems like a reasonable alternative to the cost-prohibitive SAM-E. TMG is realtively cheap compared to other supplements and this brand in particular offers the cheapest price with the highest potency/quantity. for depression, TMG seems to work within a week and seems more consistent than st. john's wort although the two seem to work together better than either alone.

cheaper Sam-E

Posted by Reviewer1079726 on Nov 01, 2008

My husband has liver disease and we can't afford Sam-E, so he takes TMG, B12 and folic acid instead. This is supposed to give your body the raw ingredients to make it's own Sam-E which is very good for the liver. I keep it in the fridge and only take enough out for one day because it breaks down and gets powdery easily.

SAM-e replacement

Posted by Reviewer2258148 on Oct 12, 2010

Instead of SAM-e, I take one table of this TMG, one of P5P, one methyl B-12, and one metafolin folic acid. That's 3 methyl donors and one high quality B-6. This works as well or better than one 400 mg SAM-e. For depression and anxiety, it works better than St. John's Wort, which I'm also a big fan of. If SAM-e works for you, try taking the pieces that your body assembles into SAM-e. The cost will be a little less and you'll be doing your body even more good.

Tablets need reformulation

Posted by Reviewer2315431 on Nov 06, 2007

I sort vitamins once a week, but that is apparently too often to open this bottle. Before the pills are halfway used up they start to puff up and crumble due to absorption of atmospheric moisture.

Super Duper

Posted by Reviewer1621079 on Oct 27, 2007

I really like this and would reccomend it to anyone suffering from depression. As lowering homocytesine levels is paramount in treating such an affliction.

It helped me!

Posted by Reviewer1453432 on Jun 30, 2011

I take quite a few supplements for preventative reasons not really "feeling" them on a daily basis. This TMG I noticed immediately. It helps brighten my day. I take one before breakfast and another before lunch. This and 5HTP are two products I do not want to be without. They greatly help me manage my stress and its nasty side-effects.

gave me a headache

Posted by Reviewer1693679 on Sep 13, 2010

As another reviewer mentioned, this product can make the muscles in your neck and shoulder tight and give you a headache--that's what happened to me, which is surprising because I never get headaches. Whatever benefits it might have are not worth this side effect. I might try cutting it into quarters or thirds, but won't take the full pill again.