Great for the heart

Posted by Reviewer1916270 on Mar 02, 2011

My daughters and I use Taurine to improve our heart health. We have conditions that require improvement in heart and heart sac health and find taurine reduces pain and discomfort. Before taurine the heart and side were much more tender and we are very happy with the Now product.

Aide to absorbtion

Posted by Reviewer1650783 on Nov 28, 2007

works great for aiding absorbtion of other vitamins and minerals.

a wonderful reviver

Posted by Reviewer2414095 on Jan 24, 2011

I didnt realise how much this was working till I ran out of them ,, it seems to have a very calming effect , as well as staying very alert and full of energy ,, if you have trouble dealing with your emotions ,I can recomend this will work wonders ,it has with me , highly recomended

Good for my eyesight.

Posted by Reviewer3033446 on Nov 25, 2009

I purchased this product to help improve my eye sight and it worked. Prior to taking taurine I would see tiny flashes of light in my field of vision. When I started taking taurine (and zinc) the flashes stopped and my vision returned to normal.

Amazing Natural Cure !

Posted by vinetu28 on Aug 31, 2012

I decided to try taurine capsules after doing a bit of research in preparation for writing a review for an energy drink that I received a sample of for review purposes. Taurine is an amino acid which is found in many if not most energy drinks and is where the energy drink Red Bull gets its name; the word "taurine" is from "taurus"(as in the astrological sign) which is Latin for ox or bull, and taurine was first isolated from ox bile in 1827. The taurine found in energy drinks and supplements today is not, however, from ox bile, but is produced in laboratories. What I learned when researching taurine is that contrary to what I expected, taurine, unlike caffeine, is not a central nervous system stimulant, but is instead said to have more of a calming, relaxing, or sedating effect. For example, referring to taurine, professor of pharmacology and anesthesiology at Columbia University Neil L. Harrison says, "Its inclusion in these supplements is a little puzzling, because our research would suggest ... (that) taurine actually would have more of a sedative effect on the brain." (Source: Cornell University Chronicle Online, "Scientists close in on taurine's activity in the brain" 2/13/08.) NOW Foods says that taurine "supports a calm mood," while acknowledging that this claim has not been evaluated by the FDA. I figured I'd buy some taurine caps and find out for myself how it might affect me in ways of which I can be subjectively aware. 1000 mg of taurine is what is found in 8 ounce servings of most of the energy drinks that contain taurine, so I figured that was the best amount to experiment with. In my experience, taking 1000 - 2000 mg of taurine on an empty stomach (NOW Foods recommends taking it between meals) has a subtle yet unmistakeable calming effect on me. I've taken taurine at different times of the day without any unwanted side effects.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer1039857 on Jul 15, 2009

I am taking this supplement with 4 others for my issues with depression. I've been taking them all for three weeks, and I'm starting to feel a difference. I'm happy I'm able to go the natural way and not experience any side affects like I would with typical SSRIs. As always, iHerb has the best prices on the net, and their website is laid out in an easy-to-research format. And, you can't beat the shipping deal! Overall, I am very satisfied with this product and the 4 others I am taking.

Excellent for treating heart palpitations

Posted by Reviewer2093039 on Mar 23, 2010

I take it for occasional heart arrythmias and it restores normal heart beat within minutes.

James Robertson

Posted by Reviewer3024742 on Aug 20, 2008

Taurine is an excellent product, it controls my heart rate really well. As I live in the UK, it actually costs me less to order and have it delivered from IHERB. It is quite difficult to find the NOW Brand here in the UK. I am very pleased with the service I receive from IHERB, and I will continue to order from you.

Preventing the coffee crash...

Posted by Reviewer2859053 on Oct 14, 2010

Since l-taurine is an essetial amino acid taking 500 additional milligrams of it may seem unneccessary. Caffeine (coffee) is non-essential and uses up you body's small resevoir of naturally created l-taurine so supplementing it prevents your body from suffering the deleterious effects of caffeine (the coffee crash, I sweat when I drink any amound of caffeine.) I'm not a doctor, but this is what my research has lead me to as what to do, and for me at least it works.

So far so good!!!

Posted by Reviewer1176225 on Jan 31, 2011

I ordered this product to replace my diuretic heart medication. I have only been taking it for about 2 weeks. I have found that I am not as axious and my mood is a whole lot better. I have an appointment to see my doctor to find how much I should take. It is suppose to do the same thing, but keeps the other minerals in your kidneys unlike diurectics. Will find out after my appointment.