Great price!

Posted by Reviewer2453773 on Feb 03, 2011

Best price for Taurine...this stuff really helps get MSG out of your system.

Good stuff!

Posted by 5469296419755366821 on Oct 08, 2012

Great taken with GABA and Glycine to help enhance calm and aid sleep! Very happy with this product.

Now Foods, Taurine, 500 mg, 100 Capsules

Posted by alvinlky on May 06, 2013

Excellent supplement at a economic price. worth buying.

Calm feeling

Posted by jeffaw on Jun 19, 2014

I took one pill whilst reading the reviews. I'm not sure the effects could be influenced by the reviews but I felt calmness and everything I see seems brighter. I've a rather high heart beat rate and hope this will help me lower it. Overall from what I concluded from the reviews: 1) Regulates heart beat 2) Has a calm effect, doesn't make me edgy as some complained 3) Good if you seldom eat meat 4) Helps the liver and cleanse away MSG 5) Better vision as it's good for the retina 6) Hair growth 7) Cheap! Will review more after a period of consumption

My Miracle

Posted by ReaCovery on Nov 20, 2015

I've bought hundreds, if not thousands of dollars worth of supplements over the last 5 years, from iHerb, trying to get some relief from the symptoms of PAWS (protracted antidepressant withdrawal syndrome). Taurine has been one of the few supplements which has actually helped. I take one at night, along with magnesium and it helps slow my racing thoughts, calms my brain, so that I can fall asleep easier. The magnesium provides a physical feeling of calmness, so they work well together. Taurine is included in many energy drinks to counteract the jittery feeling you sometimes get from too much caffeine. It also helps calm the jittery feeling from antidepressant withdrawal... for me anyway. I will be taking this until I'm fully recovered, which is probably going to take another year or so, but this is helping. If you are taking antidepressants and want to stop, taper very, very slowly or you may end up like me. Reduce by no more than 10% per month.

Effective for taking the edge off of a stressful day

Posted by Sickness-ELIMINATOR on Sep 11, 2016

I use Taurine only for it's mood calming effects. It's not like taking a Valium or something like that, but it does relax you in the same way that Kava tea can. My typical dosage is a single 500mg caplet, great to take as I start my drive home from work. If I am exceptionally stressed I might take 1000mg. . . Click YES if this review was beneficial for you.

OK, during the day

Posted by Reviewer1975531 on Jun 17, 2013

This product makes me feel good during the day, but keeps me awake during night. As I have severe sleeping problems, I don't take it anymore.

Caution, bad product

Posted by FEED-ME-MORE on Jul 25, 2012

I and my husband were using it and it is worst thing we have ever taken. I supposed to lose weight during my workouts, improve heart rates, but I gain weight!!! So I gave it to my husband, because he want to gain weight, muscles. He just started and after few times taking it, during his workout he felt very tired, his legs and heart were very tired. Something wrong is with that product. Beware, do not buy. And the most important thing is that we were taking only 2 capsules every other day. Not the whole dose, not 4 capsules each day. So it is very potential and can cause you harm even in small doses. I guess I must write Now Foods about it, because it is not first time when their products are bad. Tribulus from that brand caused serious aggression to my man :(

Caused racing heart rate.

Posted by Reviewer1127486 on Oct 06, 2008

After taking Taurine a few days my heart began racing 24/7. This stopped after discontinuing the product. Some have suggested to me that it might be the gelatin capsule itself not the powder within but I can't take the chance of trying just the powder.

heart healthy

Posted by Reviewer2555447 on Dec 20, 2008

exellent product helps with irregular heart beat and improves sleep greatly.