Good for home made sports drink

Posted by Reviewer3210027 on Feb 24, 2011

I use 500mg Taurine for my home made sports drink with L-carnitine. It is a good anti-oxidant for preventing muscle soreness.

helps to sleep

Posted by 5124808064062644794 on Jan 28, 2016

I've had insomnia for almost 15 years now and this is the only effective supplement which really helps to get enough sleep without any side-effects. I take one capsule before night and I'm able to fall asleep and wake up fresh. Recommend!

Now Foods Taurine

Posted by Reviewer2626023 on Sep 05, 2012

Extra help to calm the nrevous system, I take mainly before go to bed. Good for eye health. :)

Great Stuff!!!!!!!!

Posted by Reviewer1135555 on Aug 17, 2009

Lots of energy, actually my energy levels have been restored.

I had a horrible reaction to this, was down for 1 entire week

Posted by PurplePegasus on Mar 26, 2012

I bought this because I have severe hypoadrenalism: low aldosterone levels cause hyponatremia and I often wake up with pressure in the brain and back aches. (Hyponatremia can cause brain swelling). This was supposed to balance sodium levels but alas 1 pill knocked me out for an entire week. I took this along with P5P and I ended up feeling drugged up and out of it for so long I was afraid not to come out of it. In the past I have had the same problem with Tyrosine and Glutamine. The problem might be my impaired liver which cannot metabolize these amino acids. I had hoped this could heal a huge health problem but instead it made me so much worse I thought I was never going to recover.

Reputable company and a good price

Posted by Reviewer2775461 on Jul 13, 2012

NOW Foods was founded in 1968 and NOW and its products have always had a good reputation in the natural food industry (I managed natural food co-ops and stores in CA in the 70's and early 80's and in the Midwest in the late 80's and early 90's). The current price (at the time I write this) on this product is more than fair (and the price is even better if one takes advantage of Amazon's subscribe & save offer when it is available for this product). I decided to try taurine capsules after doing a bit of research in preparation for writing a review for an energy drink that I received a sample of for review purposes. Taurine is an amino acid which is found in many if not most energy drinks and is where the energy drink Red Bull gets its name; the word "taurine" is from "taurus" (as in the astrological sign) which is Latin for ox or bull, and taurine was first isolated from ox bile in 1827. The taurine found in energy drinks and supplements today is not, however, from ox bile (or bull semen, as an urban legend has it), but is produced in laboratories. n my experience, taking 1000-2000 mg of taurine on an empty stomach (NOW Foods recommends taking it between meals) has a subtle yet unmistakeable calming effect on me. I've taken taurine at different times of the day without any unwanted side effects (e.g., I've never felt sedated after taking taurine).

Now foods, Taurine

Posted by brobin on Jul 14, 2012

Seems to help with my eyesight and also has a small calming effect. Probably useful to help with mild anxiety.

A Good Nights Sleep

Posted by cuppacoffee on Jun 13, 2012

I take this with GABA from Now and I love that together they keep me calm and steady through pretty much anything my day throws at me, best of all though my insomnia disappeared!

Calming

Posted by Reviewer3250604 on Dec 13, 2010

Works well, seems to lower blood pressure

EXCELENT

Posted by Reviewer3326316 on Apr 27, 2011

I USE IT BEFORE STUDY AND BEFORE JIU-JITSU TRAINING.