My Miracle

Posted by ReaCovery on Nov 20, 2015

I've bought hundreds, if not thousands of dollars worth of supplements over the last 5 years, from iHerb, trying to get some relief from the symptoms of PAWS (protracted antidepressant withdrawal syndrome). Taurine has been one of the few supplements which has actually helped. I take one at night, along with magnesium and it helps slow my racing thoughts, calms my brain, so that I can fall asleep easier. The magnesium provides a physical feeling of calmness, so they work well together. Taurine is included in many energy drinks to counteract the jittery feeling you sometimes get from too much caffeine. It also helps calm the jittery feeling from antidepressant withdrawal... for me anyway. I will be taking this until I'm fully recovered, which is probably going to take another year or so, but this is helping. If you are taking antidepressants and want to stop, taper very, very slowly or you may end up like me. Reduce by no more than 10% per month.

Caused racing heart rate.

Posted by Reviewer1127486 on Oct 06, 2008

After taking Taurine a few days my heart began racing 24/7. This stopped after discontinuing the product. Some have suggested to me that it might be the gelatin capsule itself not the powder within but I can't take the chance of trying just the powder.

I had a horrible reaction to this, was down for 1 entire week

Posted by PurplePegasus on Mar 26, 2012

I bought this because I have severe hypoadrenalism: low aldosterone levels cause hyponatremia and I often wake up with pressure in the brain and back aches. (Hyponatremia can cause brain swelling). This was supposed to balance sodium levels but alas 1 pill knocked me out for an entire week. I took this along with P5P and I ended up feeling drugged up and out of it for so long I was afraid not to come out of it. In the past I have had the same problem with Tyrosine and Glutamine. The problem might be my impaired liver which cannot metabolize these amino acids. I had hoped this could heal a huge health problem but instead it made me so much worse I thought I was never going to recover.

A Good Nights Sleep

Posted by cuppacoffee on Jun 13, 2012

I take this with GABA from Now and I love that together they keep me calm and steady through pretty much anything my day throws at me, best of all though my insomnia disappeared!

Reputable company and a good price

Posted by Reviewer2775461 on Jul 13, 2012

NOW Foods was founded in 1968 and NOW and its products have always had a good reputation in the natural food industry (I managed natural food co-ops and stores in CA in the 70's and early 80's and in the Midwest in the late 80's and early 90's). The current price (at the time I write this) on this product is more than fair (and the price is even better if one takes advantage of Amazon's subscribe & save offer when it is available for this product). I decided to try taurine capsules after doing a bit of research in preparation for writing a review for an energy drink that I received a sample of for review purposes. Taurine is an amino acid which is found in many if not most energy drinks and is where the energy drink Red Bull gets its name; the word "taurine" is from "taurus" (as in the astrological sign) which is Latin for ox or bull, and taurine was first isolated from ox bile in 1827. The taurine found in energy drinks and supplements today is not, however, from ox bile (or bull semen, as an urban legend has it), but is produced in laboratories. n my experience, taking 1000-2000 mg of taurine on an empty stomach (NOW Foods recommends taking it between meals) has a subtle yet unmistakeable calming effect on me. I've taken taurine at different times of the day without any unwanted side effects (e.g., I've never felt sedated after taking taurine).

Now foods, Taurine

Posted by brobin on Jul 14, 2012

Seems to help with my eyesight and also has a small calming effect. Probably useful to help with mild anxiety.

Calming

Posted by Reviewer3250604 on Dec 13, 2010

Works well, seems to lower blood pressure

EXCELENT

Posted by Reviewer3326316 on Apr 27, 2011

I USE IT BEFORE STUDY AND BEFORE JIU-JITSU TRAINING.

great price

Posted by Reviewer1970876 on Apr 08, 2009

Helps with fat digestion

helps to sleep

Posted by 5124808064062644794 on Jan 28, 2016

I've had insomnia for almost 15 years now and this is the only effective supplement which really helps to get enough sleep without any side-effects. I take one capsule before night and I'm able to fall asleep and wake up fresh. Recommend!