Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Now Foods, Taurine Powder, 8 oz (227 g)

Reviews 3-star

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

Be Careful With This If You Have Candida

Posted by Reviewer3304349 on Apr 18, 2009

The product quality itself seems excellent. However, if you have Candida you need to be aware that taurine appears to feed it quite strongly. I follow a very strict anti-candida diet and introduce new supplements one at a time in order to clearly see any effects. After taking this product for approx 1 week started noticing a marked deterioration in my candida, and all the unpleasantness associated with it. I was taking 150mg twice daily (I buy the empty Vcaps from NOW and use a milligram scale to weigh my powders). I would not have believed that taking a single amino acid would aggrivate candida like that if I hadnt experienced it. The effect was as strong as eating small amounts of sugar for me. After taking the product for about 2 weeks I had to discontinue use, and with Google's help discovered that taurine is in fact not recommended for those with Candida. It's unfortunate because otherwise I was noticing some definite advantages from taurine intake (improved sleep and bile flow). Now that I have cleared that recent Candida load, I may experiment with putting a small amount under my tongue, rather than swallowing it. I hope this information is helpful, life is full of dietary land mines when you have candida.

Now Foods, Taurine Powder

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Jan 29, 2010

Science now shows that the amino acid taurine is a helpful tool in supporting the production of insulin and insulin sensitivity – two major issues for any person seeking solutions for blood sugar issues. Generally taurine is thought of as a relaxing nutrient due to its function within your nervous system. It is also a general tonic to your heart. In an animal model that allows for detailed analysis of the effects of taurine supplementation it was shown that taurine helped the pancreas produce insulin, improved the expression of genes needed for the metabolism of ingested glucose, and helped insulin receptors in muscles and the liver work better. This is a profound array of support for improved blood sugar metabolism.

Taurine Powder

Posted by Reviewer3092726 on May 15, 2011

Purchased this for my cats. We make their food and need taurine to be added to it. It is easy to add as we feed them.

Taurine

Posted by Reviewer3027983 on Aug 07, 2011

This is a most important ingredient called for in the vet's recipe for raw cat food. When I get my kitties I will be using this product to make the homemade raw cat food. I did receive the product promptly. Thank you

muito bom !