Now Foods, Taurine Powder, 8 oz (227 g)

Reviews 5-star

the ultimate sleep formula

Posted by alloriginal on May 20, 2013

due to various issues, I've spent decades searching for the perfect sleep. I've tried nearly everything. Most nutrients did very little, most medications left me feeling like a drugged-out zombie. That's not how I want to live, so I kept searching, until I stumbled onto this (in an Iherb review, no less): each evening at bedtime I take one teaspoon of glycine powder, a half-teaspoon of taurine powder, and a quarter teaspoon of Gaba powder(inhibitory neurotransmitters). I stir these into lukewarm water. They mix easily and completely, and the taste is mildly sweet. I take tryptophan and magnesium capsules at the same time. Within minutes a gentle sleep blanket comes over me. I then sleep 7-8 uninterrupted hours, and wake up refreshed and feeling great. My wife, who has always been a very light sleeper, and would be awakened by the slightest noise, reports that she sleeps more deeply and wakes up much less often. This combination really works! I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've tried a lot of products, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest, straighforward, and based on my experience. Read my other reviews to quickly learn from my three decades of research and experimentation.

My cat is young again

Posted by Reviewer1452836 on Oct 13, 2007

My cat 17 year old cat has a lot more energy since I started giving him this product. I mix 1/8 tsp into his food, morning and evening. It's odorless and tasteless so he doesn't even know it's there. I wish I had learned about this stuff a long time ago!

Takes the Edge Off Stressful Day

Posted by Reviewer1327608 on Sep 14, 2010

I've found taurine very useful for calming myself on stressful days. Take 2 tsp. a few hours before a job interview, for example. Makes me calm but not drowsy or sluggish. The stuff has almost no taste, so it's easy to take. Just mix in water and drink it.

Wouldn't want to sleep without it.

Posted by Reviewer1748513 on Jun 30, 2010

I forgot to take this one night and woke after only a few hours of fitful sleep. Took a serving of this and soon I was back asleep and a much deeper, more restful sleep. My husband and I use this every night shortly before bed now and it really helps!

helps with anxiety

Posted by Reviewer1927983 on Aug 25, 2009

I take it everynight around 6-8 pm when my panic comes on and it instantly gets rid of that feeling,(nervous stomach feeling) sometimes I take it with magnesium malate. it makes me calm. it mixes with water and tastes like nothing.ill buy it again, its working.