the ultimate sleep formula

Posted by alloriginal on May 20, 2013

due to various issues, I've spent decades searching for the perfect sleep. I've tried nearly everything. Most nutrients did very little, most medications left me feeling like a drugged-out zombie. That's not how I want to live, so I kept searching, until I stumbled onto this (in an Iherb review, no less): each evening at bedtime I take one teaspoon of glycine powder, a half-teaspoon of taurine powder, and a quarter teaspoon of Gaba powder(inhibitory neurotransmitters). I stir these into lukewarm water. They mix easily and completely, and the taste is mildly sweet. I take tryptophan and magnesium capsules at the same time. Within minutes a gentle sleep blanket comes over me. I then sleep 7-8 uninterrupted hours, and wake up refreshed and feeling great. My wife, who has always been a very light sleeper, and would be awakened by the slightest noise, reports that she sleeps more deeply and wakes up much less often. This combination really works! I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've tried a lot of products, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest, straighforward, and based on my experience. Read my other reviews to quickly learn from my three decades of research and experimentation.

Great supplement!

Posted by sweetheart on Jul 21, 2012

Taurine really makes me feel concentrated and relaxed. Also I it is needed to produce pepsin, so if you have trouble digesting your food, this supplement may be what you need. It's possible to take pepsin + HCL products to replace the stomach acids but I think it's better to fix the cause of the problem instead trying to cure the symptoms.

My cat is young again

Posted by Reviewer1452836 on Oct 13, 2007

My cat 17 year old cat has a lot more energy since I started giving him this product. I mix 1/8 tsp into his food, morning and evening. It's odorless and tasteless so he doesn't even know it's there. I wish I had learned about this stuff a long time ago!

Wouldn't want to sleep without it.

Posted by Reviewer1748513 on Jun 30, 2010

I forgot to take this one night and woke after only a few hours of fitful sleep. Took a serving of this and soon I was back asleep and a much deeper, more restful sleep. My husband and I use this every night shortly before bed now and it really helps!

Takes the Edge Off Stressful Day

Posted by Reviewer1327608 on Sep 14, 2010

I've found taurine very useful for calming myself on stressful days. Take 2 tsp. a few hours before a job interview, for example. Makes me calm but not drowsy or sluggish. The stuff has almost no taste, so it's easy to take. Just mix in water and drink it.

helps with anxiety

Posted by Reviewer1927983 on Aug 25, 2009

I take it everynight around 6-8 pm when my panic comes on and it instantly gets rid of that feeling,(nervous stomach feeling) sometimes I take it with magnesium malate. it makes me calm. it mixes with water and tastes like nothing.ill buy it again, its working.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer2073953 on Mar 05, 2011

2 months before my 17 year old dog passed away, she started going into seizure and losing bladder control. She also had fluid on her lungs. I gave her a large dose of taurine because it gets rid of edema/ fluid on the lungs. It did this quickly and effectively. When I bought the taurine, I was told that it also stopped seizures . . . and it did. It also stopped the loss of bladder control. And, of course, when I began purchasing the powder form from iherb, it made it so much easier to deliver the larger dose. Taurine bought my dog a couple more months of life and it enabled her to pass away comfortably, easily, without distress, and happy to spend those last days with me. I would highly recommend this product to people with heart trouble, particularly in regards to fluid retention and to those having trouble with seizures. I had also read that when disease is present, there is generally a taurine deficiency, which would indicate that it is a good thing to add to your vitamin regimen in the presence of any illness.

Taurine for arrythmia and heart failure

Posted by Reviewer1999801 on Jun 16, 2011

Have found over a period of 8 weeks I have had a very significant decrease in heart failure and PVC arrythmia symptoms, using 6 to 10gms/d split in 3 or 4 doses along with about 5gm/d of l-arginine. I was already taking 800 to 1,000mg/d of Magnesium in citrate form and 3gm/d EPA/DHA which had helped to some extent with arrythmia after having to discontinue betablockers (carvedolol, taken for 5 years) because of side effects to liver.

Helps with my skipping heartbeat.

Posted by Reviewer1067138 on Jul 12, 2011

I went from having my heart skip hard 6 or 7 times a day. To 2 or 3 light ones. I take a 1/2 teaspoon twice a day it really helps.

Lowered high blood pressure

Posted by Reviewer1647872 on Mar 03, 2012

I have been fighting high blood pressure for 4 years, and have extreme adverse reactions to prescription medications. This product has lowered my blood pressure 40+ points with no side effects! Yeh!