Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Now Foods, Taurine Powder, 8 oz (227 g)

helps with anxiety

Posted by Reviewer1927983 on Aug 25, 2009

I take it everynight around 6-8 pm when my panic comes on and it instantly gets rid of that feeling,(nervous stomach feeling) sometimes I take it with magnesium malate. it makes me calm. it mixes with water and tastes like nothing.ill buy it again, its working.

Great supplement!

Posted by sweetheart on Jul 21, 2012

Taurine really makes me feel concentrated and relaxed. Also I it is needed to produce pepsin, so if you have trouble digesting your food, this supplement may be what you need. It's possible to take pepsin + HCL products to replace the stomach acids but I think it's better to fix the cause of the problem instead trying to cure the symptoms.

Taurine for arrythmia and heart failure

Posted by Reviewer1999801 on Jun 16, 2011

Have found over a period of 8 weeks I have had a very significant decrease in heart failure and PVC arrythmia symptoms, using 6 to 10gms/d split in 3 or 4 doses along with about 5gm/d of l-arginine. I was already taking 800 to 1,000mg/d of Magnesium in citrate form and 3gm/d EPA/DHA which had helped to some extent with arrythmia after having to discontinue betablockers (carvedolol, taken for 5 years) because of side effects to liver.

Helps with my skipping heartbeat.

Posted by Reviewer1067138 on Jul 12, 2011

I went from having my heart skip hard 6 or 7 times a day. To 2 or 3 light ones. I take a 1/2 teaspoon twice a day it really helps.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer2073953 on Mar 05, 2011

2 months before my 17 year old dog passed away, she started going into seizure and losing bladder control. She also had fluid on her lungs. I gave her a large dose of taurine because it gets rid of edema/ fluid on the lungs. It did this quickly and effectively. When I bought the taurine, I was told that it also stopped seizures . . . and it did. It also stopped the loss of bladder control. And, of course, when I began purchasing the powder form from iherb, it made it so much easier to deliver the larger dose. Taurine bought my dog a couple more months of life and it enabled her to pass away comfortably, easily, without distress, and happy to spend those last days with me. I would highly recommend this product to people with heart trouble, particularly in regards to fluid retention and to those having trouble with seizures. I had also read that when disease is present, there is generally a taurine deficiency, which would indicate that it is a good thing to add to your vitamin regimen in the presence of any illness.