July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Now Foods, Taurine Powder, 8 oz (227 g)

Good value

Posted by naturellen on Oct 07, 2010

This taurine powder is great value. I can really see the effects of the taurine when I'm tired and take a teaspoonful with a small amount of water: that really gives me energy, wakes me up and increases my metabolism. It doesn't have the nasty side effects caffeine has: with taurine my hands don't shake and my stomach hasn't got the nervous feeling usually associated with caffeine.

Now Foods, Taurine Powder

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Jan 29, 2010

Science now shows that the amino acid taurine is a helpful tool in supporting the production of insulin and insulin sensitivity – two major issues for any person seeking solutions for blood sugar issues. Generally taurine is thought of as a relaxing nutrient due to its function within your nervous system. It is also a general tonic to your heart. In an animal model that allows for detailed analysis of the effects of taurine supplementation it was shown that taurine helped the pancreas produce insulin, improved the expression of genes needed for the metabolism of ingested glucose, and helped insulin receptors in muscles and the liver work better. This is a profound array of support for improved blood sugar metabolism.

Stops Hypomanic Episodes in it's Tracks!

Posted by Reviewer1990660 on Apr 15, 2010

I'm Bipolar II, and tend to rapid cycle. The type of mania I get rarely ever the euphoric kind. It's the irritable, distracted, restless, anxious, can't work, can't focus, can't deal with anybody kind. Now when I feel this type of episode coming on, I pop down one tablespoon of this stuff and chase it with water and it evens me out within 15 minutes. In fact, I can take it anytime during one of these irritated states and it will bring me out of it. It also seems to have a bit of a diuretic effect which is fine by me since I sometimes retain water.

ordered for the cat

Posted by Reviewer2731281 on Apr 26, 2009

Got this for the cat, to add to "homemade" raw meals. She doesn't seem to notice, so that's a good thing.

Nitric Oxide

Posted by Reviewer1282248 on Dec 30, 2010

Helps to increase nitric oxide levels in the body. Take 2 or 3 grams a day. This is the second time I have ordered this wonderful product. The jar lasts a good while.