Now Foods, Taurine Powder, 8 oz (227 g)

Stops Hypomanic Episodes in it's Tracks!

Posted by Reviewer1990660 on Apr 15, 2010

I'm Bipolar II, and tend to rapid cycle. The type of mania I get rarely ever the euphoric kind. It's the irritable, distracted, restless, anxious, can't work, can't focus, can't deal with anybody kind. Now when I feel this type of episode coming on, I pop down one tablespoon of this stuff and chase it with water and it evens me out within 15 minutes. In fact, I can take it anytime during one of these irritated states and it will bring me out of it. It also seems to have a bit of a diuretic effect which is fine by me since I sometimes retain water.

ordered for the cat

Posted by Reviewer2731281 on Apr 26, 2009

Got this for the cat, to add to "homemade" raw meals. She doesn't seem to notice, so that's a good thing.

Significant benefit for my brain fog

Posted by Reviewer2361205 on Nov 27, 2011

It definitely doesn't come close to completely relieving my brain fog, at least not at the small doses I'm using, but it especially helps reduce the hypoglycemic brain fog symptoms I get when I have to wait too long to eat.

Not bad...!

Posted by Reviewer2795397 on Mar 14, 2008

2GM in the morning with some magnesium citrate and I've got my energy boost for the morning. Great price too!

Now Foods Taurine Powder, 8 oz.

Posted by Reviewer1404523 on May 16, 2008

This taurine powder helps eliminate the toxic effects of chlorinated water. It helps detoxify my autistic son of chlorine. This product changed his stools from sandy to a normal color. My son also uses taurine when taking benfotiamine to keep his stools a normal color.