True Calm

Posted by Reviewer1419944 on Aug 26, 2013

It does relax you, especially at bed time, however, the GABA may have some serious side effects for some people with high blood pressure. I had a medical procedure scheduled and took two True Calm capsules within a 6 hour period. My BP spiked to a dangerous level and the procedure was cancelled. At the time I did not know it could have been the True Calm and wrote it off to anxiety. Several weeks later I took another capsule and again my BP spiked. All ingredients are safe except the GABA. Please research before you consider this supplement.

True Calm is nice

Posted by ChrisCox on Apr 24, 2014

Has a somewhat calming effect, very slightly helps with mild anxiety. Better than nothing.

Cuts the sharpest edge off anxiety

Posted by Reviewer1586944 on May 08, 2015

Not much to say about this product. Relaxes little bit but nowhere near enough for me. Noticable effect though. If gaba works for you I reccommend now foods gaba powder. Cheaper and more potent.

so far, not so much

Posted by Reviewer2301185 on Jan 29, 2011

I received this product for a week ago or so and I wanted to use it for my anxiety. I have to say that I don´t notice the effect during the day and if I take it , it does not make me feel more relaxed. the only "trick" which is working for me so far is taking it before going to bed, this way it seems I get up calmer in the morning. ps. will update this review when I have taken it for a longer period.

Trying.

Posted by Reviewer2200132 on Feb 09, 2011

Don't see much difference but I'm trying.

Works ok.

Posted by Reviewer1390685 on Aug 01, 2012

I have a very high level stressful job. True Calm works ok. I find that Relora and 5-HTP works better for me. I just received the Holy Basil, so I will see how that works.

Seems to work....

Posted by Reviewer1519505 on Sep 07, 2012

for a couple of hours for me, then wears off. Then I forget to take it again throughout the day since I'm busy at work.

Good combination of ingredients but not for sleep

Posted by 5156000119757294524 on Oct 20, 2012

I find it's a very good combination of ingredients for those who have anxiety and can be very useful taken before an stressful activity (like an exam) but it does not work as a sleep aid. If you want an sleep aid try with valerian

Not so good

Posted by Reviewer1878151 on Dec 30, 2012

It didn't do much for my anxiety and depression

Relaxed my nerves, but it kept me wide awake at night

Posted by Reviewer1103159 on May 31, 2013

I bought this to help with my chronic insomnia, it made it worse. I read good reviews saying that it helped them to sleep better. The first night,I took 2 one hour before bedtime time and it kept me up until 1:00. I had to take benedryl to get me to sleep. The 2nd night, I took 1 one hour before bedtime, it did the same thing, made my insomnia worse. I think it maybe the additional of vitamin B was keeping me up. I find that I was calmer the next morning.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »