Excellent antacid

Posted by Reviewer3264899 on Jun 03, 2009

I take this herb for the unorthodox purpose of settling my stomach due to hyper acidity. Whenever I get nauseous from acidic gastritis I've had great success taking this herb. There is a dose dependent response as the worse I feel the more capsules I need to take. There have been times when I've lost count but I would estimate to have taken during a couple hour period as many as about 30 of these 500 milligram capsules - I sure felt mellow after that high a dose but still fully functional, alert and clear thinking. Other times I've gotten relief from just a few capsules. While I can't be certain that this herb is acting as an antacid but I think it is a good deduction as I burp and feel a lot better after taking Valerian. Also I don't swallow the capsules but rather chew them up with water in my mouth. I do that with all capsules and tablets as I have a problem with dysphagia (larger food stuffs tent to get stuck in my esophagus). This is one of the grittier herbs - the root must be difficult to clean as there is always some amount of sand or dirt mixed in with the Valerian powder no matter what brand I use.

Posted by Reviewer2295762 on Sep 30, 2009

I have been using Valerian for years as and aid for insomnia. This brand I bought for a friend so I can't say whether it's any better or worse than other brands.Valerian won't knock you out like conventional sleeping pills as it's a gentle sleep aid

Calming

Posted by Reviewer3199687 on May 18, 2008

Really works, relaxing and sedative

Valerian

Posted by Reviewer3022224 on Feb 06, 2008

Helps me to sleep better.

Stress reducer

Posted by Reviewer3321203 on Nov 08, 2007

I've been using this now for about a month and it's really helping. I tend to be hyperexcitible, and Valerian is making a real difference. It also is helping my insomnia.

Good sleep and relax herb

Posted by Reviewer2582268 on Nov 13, 2007

Good product, really smells which is a good thing. One of the only things that when it stinks its great. Forget the sleeping pills. Also quiets the mind.

Great value for a proven muscle relaxer

Posted by Reviewer3120972 on Dec 22, 2008

Bought it because it was the best dollar value at the time of purchase. Been using valerian root for over a decade and a half perhaps once or twice a month when some ache or back pain or stress headache needs that extra release of pain cycle break beyond ibuprofin.

Helps me sleep!

Posted by Turboshopper on Oct 29, 2008

I take 3 a night - I'm a light sleeper- and I sleep all the way through the night. Great product!

Ainda não testei

Posted by 4884976683411878492 on Feb 03, 2015

Valeriana é muito boa e eficaz na ansiedade, por isso comprei. Ainda não usei a Valerian Root da Now Foods, mas essa marca é ótima e com certeza não vou me arrepender. Acalma, faz dormir, e faz começar o dia calmo.

Ian