Now Foods valerian root

Posted by Reviewer2982438 on May 26, 2008

I had trouble sleeping when I took these as recommended, if you can believe that. They seem strong and fresh from the smell, but for some reason I am reacting strangely to it. I have taken Valium without issues and other valerian root, so I am not sure of the reason for this. I cut back on the dosage with better results.

I cannot use it

Posted by Reviewer2905775 on Jan 28, 2011

It affects me like a diuretic

Keeps my awake

Posted by Reviewer2628919 on Jun 28, 2011

I tried taking this a few times and it seems to actually keep me awake, I can't sleep when I take this and both times have ended up having to take ambien to get myself to sleep after 3 hours of lying in bed. I'm sure it works for some (or even most) people, but seems to have an opposite effect on me. Nothing actually wrong with the product though.

very expensive

Posted by 4871441214480765874 on Aug 27, 2014

very expensive

Helen from Aus

Posted by Reviewer3233896 on Oct 04, 2014

This is a good product,helps with sleep and also relaxes muscles,very handy to have in the medicine chest for those restless nights,when you can not get to sleep

Smelly, but Potent!

Posted by polarities on Nov 22, 2014

Great Product... happy Customer!

EXCELENTE RELACIÓN CALIDAD-PRECIO! Más barato que en España!

Posted by Evandy on Dec 03, 2013

El frasco contiene 250 cápsulas de Raíz de Valeriana de excelente calidad. Sale más a cuenta comprarla aquí que en España, donde todo está cada vez más caro, sobre todo este tipo de productos. Ideal para tomar antes de dormir: 2 cápsulas. Ayuda a dormir profundamente y a despertarse despejado. No produce ningún tipo de adicción. Como tranquilizante suave durante el día: probar a tomar sólo una cápsula o la mitad de su contenido, pues a mí una cápsula me sigue adormeciendo bastante. Si te he ayudado, por favor clica en YES. GRACIAS!

Seems to work

Posted by 5088410908571389974 on Feb 13, 2014

It really seems to help to stay asleep during the night, and also to actually fall asleep. Very unpleasant smell, but easy to swallow.

My experience with Valerian

Posted by Reviewer1562293 on Apr 11, 2012

This company supplies the real thing. However, valerian root is not for me because it makes me restless and anxious. I read a lot of online reviews of valerian root and I must be one of the few people it does that to. My problem is not falling asleep, its staying asleep as I tend to wake up around 3 am. The first night I took two capsules and could not sleep at all. I woke up during the night and it was torture. I waited a few nights and then took one capsule and it worked wonderfully. It worked wonderfully for several nights as I slept like a baby but then one night I woke up after just 2 hours of sleep and was awake all night from the effects of the valerian root. It is not for me, but this is no knock on the product or iherb. If you want to buy the real thing, then iherb is the place to buy it.

stress out

Posted by Reviewer1290991 on Nov 15, 2012

i also take this with other supplements for sleep. helps to relax.