Smells terrible, works great

Posted by Reviewer1515632 on Apr 24, 2009

I use this with two-stage release melatonin, and a pitch black room for a FINALLY great night sleep - all the way through the night! NOW has great prices and I love the guaranteed gluten free on the label.

quite effective

Posted by Reviewer2244061 on Nov 20, 2007

helps me feel tired at night

Valerian Root, capsules

Posted by Reviewer2530516 on Jul 22, 2008

pros: for the purpose of relaxing and getting to sleep, it works very well for me, a couple of capsules 2 hours before going bed equals a good nights sleep. cons: product has a very strong smell that takes some getting use to, I highly recommened the capsules as they are easer to take as opposed to the tea bags.

Value for money

Posted by Reviewer2928820 on Mar 03, 2010

At half the strength of what chemists sell in Australia I require at least 2 of these to meet one of my usual tablets. Having said that the value for money compensates for this.

Now Foods valerian root

Posted by Reviewer2982438 on May 26, 2008

I had trouble sleeping when I took these as recommended, if you can believe that. They seem strong and fresh from the smell, but for some reason I am reacting strangely to it. I have taken Valium without issues and other valerian root, so I am not sure of the reason for this. I cut back on the dosage with better results.

I cannot use it

Posted by Reviewer2905775 on Jan 28, 2011

It affects me like a diuretic

Keeps my awake

Posted by Reviewer2628919 on Jun 28, 2011

I tried taking this a few times and it seems to actually keep me awake, I can't sleep when I take this and both times have ended up having to take ambien to get myself to sleep after 3 hours of lying in bed. I'm sure it works for some (or even most) people, but seems to have an opposite effect on me. Nothing actually wrong with the product though.

very expensive

Posted by 4871441214480765874 on Aug 27, 2014

very expensive

Helen from Aus

Posted by Reviewer3233896 on Oct 04, 2014

This is a good product,helps with sleep and also relaxes muscles,very handy to have in the medicine chest for those restless nights,when you can not get to sleep

Smelly, but Potent!

Posted by polarities on Nov 22, 2014

Great Product... happy Customer!