Now Foods, Solutions, Vegetable Glycerine, 16 fl oz (473 ml)

Reviews 5-star

I use this as a sweetener in baking.

Posted by Reviewer1710429 on Nov 16, 2009

I called the company. The vegetable source is palm. I use it in baking for my autistic son, who needs to avoid cane & corn sugar. It made my gluten-free brownie recipe light & fluffy. It's much sweeter than sugar & you have to reduce the amount of other liquid if you substitute for granulated sugar. I would substitute 2/3 c veg. glycerin for each cup of sugar & reduce other liquid by 1/4 c.

Good for skin

Posted by Reviewer2147503 on Nov 10, 2008

I mix this with filtered water in a spray bottle (approx. 1 part glycerin to 6 parts water). Makes it easy to spray on arms and legs, face, hands, etc. It keeps my skin from drying out and makes it smooth and soft. It feels slightly sticky right after applying but only for about 5-10 minutes. Skin feels smooth and soft the rest of the day! I-Herb is great! I've placed a number of orders and every time everything has been packaged well and arrived without any problems. I buy nearly all my vitamins, personal care, and even some food items from them. Never been disappointed!

All purpose moisturizer

Posted by Reviewer1135211 on Jan 14, 2010

My skin and hair get extremely dry in the winter so I use a mix of about 3/4 cup glycerin to 1/4 cup of water in a small spritzer bottle. I spray it on my hair during the week and on my skin after I shower. My hair and skin gets so soft & moisturized. My nose peels really really bad in the winter but after I clean my face, I spray this mix in my hands and rub on my face. My skin (especially my nose) is so moisturized and clear since I've been using glycerin. I have been on a quest to use more natural & simple ingredients in my daily routines and this is a keeper. It has replaced alot of expensive hair & skin moisturizers I have purchased in the past. Highly recommend!!

Now Foods, Vegetable Glycerin, 16 fl oz, 473 ml

Posted by Reviewer1035199 on Feb 12, 2009

I mix it with my coffee every morning. Tasteless, I use it for constipation. Very helpful.

Very Good Stuff

Posted by Reviewer2847771 on Mar 13, 2008

I primarily use this for my hair and skin products. It has a consistency similar to honey, and acts as a humectant (moisture-attracting) for my skin and hair. It can also be used as a substitute sweetener, and I have tried it will my tea on occasion. I love this stuff, I'll be ordering again.