Good

Posted by halfromanian on May 09, 2015

2 capsules *2 day (on an empty stomach) has been recommended by my GP after having checked the nutritional value of the product at hand. It takes about 3-4 days to start seeing the first results. I am to continue as it clearly does help clear skin and soothe my digestion. I did not see any improvement regarding hair and/or nails -- but my hair was soft to begin with and I did do a full B complex for 3 months and it helped its growth and soft. I am considering taking coconut oil with B complex next time. Be aware that taking these capsules is little compared to a couple of spoons of coconut oil straight up from the jar, but for those who cannot ..then be prepared to pay extra for taking it as a capsule.

NOW, IHERB, AND COCONUT OIL ARE AWESOME

Posted by Reviewer1817216 on Jul 31, 2012

I have been a loyal iherb customer since about 2007 and there is a good reason why, they have consistently lower costs then their competitors online and off, amazingly fast/cheap shipping even with the free basic shipping. I have never waiter more then 4 days for any order. (I live in NJ USA) The NOW brand of supplements are high quality and generally much cheaper then their competitor. They also offer cheap powdered versions of most of their supplements when applicable which I enjoy because if you can handle the taste of some of the supplements without the capsules you get MANY more servings (I'm talking 30 servings compared to 100+ for powdered)for the same price. Now on to coconut oil,I used to consume the oil, but like many people the taste and even smell started to make me nauseous and I couldn't handle it anymore. I take it for inflammation in my knee which is completely alleviated when taking it. I also notice improvement in my skin and hair. It also is great for candida. After changing my diet to much lower carb and taking coconut oil I started noticing clumps of fluffy spongy like material in my stool which couldn't have been something I ate since my diet was devoid of bread or anything that would cause something like that. If you are on the fence about coconut oil or just don't like the taste this stuff is for you. True you don't get the same amount if you are consuming the oil but trust me even 2 to 5 capsules a day is more then enough for most people to get benefits from it.:)

Scary side effect

Posted by Reviewer2587226 on Dec 01, 2009

I had only taken one capsule (nowhere near the suggested 4-6 per day) when I started having alarming palpitations. Thank goodness I remembered another reviewer mentioning this, or I would have been running for the aspirin bottle and calling 911. It looks like I've wasted my money; I don't think I'll be brave enough to try these again!

For the elderly

Posted by Reviewer1055106 on Dec 26, 2011

After having read an article about coconut oil and alzhemier's I decided to buy this for my aunt. It has alredady, after only one month, made a difference in her memory and behaviour. Adding coconut oil to PS, neurozyme, alpha gpc, astragalus, rhodiola, ashwagandha, lion's mane and turmeric seems a good idea.

Fantastic

Posted by Reviewer2754676 on Nov 02, 2011

Great for weight support and candida management!

Now Foods, Virgin Coconut Oil, 1000 mg

Posted by Reviewer3303443 on Feb 09, 2010

I take these everyday. I had heard they are very good for the liver. I prefer taking the capsules verses the liquid.

Thanks for having the product and making it available.

Posted by Reviewer2191509 on Mar 13, 2009

Great product! My wife and I are taking one capsule daily and my father-in-law is taking between 5 and 7 capsules daily for Alzheimer's. Not going to get into a debate or conversation BUT it's working for him based on an article we found on the 'net (and also for several other people that have read the article). For $8 - $10 bucks - Try it for a month...

self

Posted by Reviewer2031996 on Jul 21, 2008

Best price and quality for capsules.

Coconut Oil softgels

Posted by Reviewer1542773 on Sep 04, 2008

Great product. No bitter after-taste like fish-oils tend to have. Easy to swallow.

Coconut oil

Posted by Reviewer1895337 on Sep 11, 2008

Used as a daily regime for good health and to help keep lean.