Now Foods, Virgin Coconut Oil, 1000 mg, 120 Softgels

Great product

Posted by 5083968428010857048 on Jul 08, 2013

I was diagnosed a couple of months ago with Hashimotos and told that it was irreversible. I immediately started using 3 tablespoons or 3 capsules of coconut oil along with Lugols Iodine. After only a couple of weeks my bloods showed that it was reversing and I was only borderline, on the good side. These capsules make it easy to keep this regime going when I don't make my daily smoothie so I can still get my coconut oil intake.

NOW, IHERB, AND COCONUT OIL ARE AWESOME

Posted by Reviewer1817216 on Jul 31, 2012

I have been a loyal iherb customer since about 2007 and there is a good reason why, they have consistently lower costs then their competitors online and off, amazingly fast/cheap shipping even with the free basic shipping. I have never waiter more then 4 days for any order. (I live in NJ USA) The NOW brand of supplements are high quality and generally much cheaper then their competitor. They also offer cheap powdered versions of most of their supplements when applicable which I enjoy because if you can handle the taste of some of the supplements without the capsules you get MANY more servings (I'm talking 30 servings compared to 100+ for powdered)for the same price. Now on to coconut oil,I used to consume the oil, but like many people the taste and even smell started to make me nauseous and I couldn't handle it anymore. I take it for inflammation in my knee which is completely alleviated when taking it. I also notice improvement in my skin and hair. It also is great for candida. After changing my diet to much lower carb and taking coconut oil I started noticing clumps of fluffy spongy like material in my stool which couldn't have been something I ate since my diet was devoid of bread or anything that would cause something like that. If you are on the fence about coconut oil or just don't like the taste this stuff is for you. True you don't get the same amount if you are consuming the oil but trust me even 2 to 5 capsules a day is more then enough for most people to get benefits from it.:)

For the elderly

Posted by Reviewer1055106 on Dec 26, 2011

After having read an article about coconut oil and alzhemier's I decided to buy this for my aunt. It has alredady, after only one month, made a difference in her memory and behaviour. Adding coconut oil to PS, neurozyme, alpha gpc, astragalus, rhodiola, ashwagandha, lion's mane and turmeric seems a good idea.

Scary side effect

Posted by Reviewer2587226 on Dec 01, 2009

I had only taken one capsule (nowhere near the suggested 4-6 per day) when I started having alarming palpitations. Thank goodness I remembered another reviewer mentioning this, or I would have been running for the aspirin bottle and calling 911. It looks like I've wasted my money; I don't think I'll be brave enough to try these again!

Love Supplements

Posted by Reviewer2650828 on Feb 19, 2010

I'm an avid reader of health and nutrient. My husband and I take approximately 50 supplements a day. We are in our late 40's and very healthy and active. Take your supplements. They work!