Simple product, can be effective if used properly

Posted by Reviewer1133036 on Aug 23, 2016

I received this item in a sale, and it's o.k., but you have to be smart and use it properly. Vitamin D is very important, but it should be combined with Vitamin K2, Vitamin A, Calcium and Magnesium in order to adsorb properly. To decrease the number of pills/tablets, a more complex D+K2 product is recommended (though those aren't common yet, since the crucial importance of K2 became widely known in this decade only).

Very Affordable Vitamin D3 If You Do Not Need A Stronger Formula

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on Dec 07, 2015

I give the product four stars because it does not state that the olive oil would be coldpressed as I would like to see. 1,000 IU = 25 µg vitamin D3, the best form of vitamin D. You should meaure your vitamin D level sometimes to see that you are getting enough this very important sun vitamin. I have measured my blood serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D, 25(OH)D three times and last time my test result was 141 nmol/L = 56.4 ng/ml. My test result was now at optimum level which is 125 - 150 nmol/L = 50 - 60 ng/ml when you are taking enough Vitamin D. I will continue with the same dosage that is 2,000- 5,000 IU daily to keep my vitamin D level right. There is no need to worry about overdosing because the tendency for serum 25(OH)D to rise when the starting level already is higher is very gradual. I hope you find this review helpful. Please, also visit my page for more reviews, especially for new customers to iHerb. Enjoy your iHerb journey!

Fantastic price--about 1/2 the price of what I can find locally!

Posted by WildSweetVermont on Aug 06, 2012

I live in a very overcast area, and don't spend tons of time outside, so I don't get much vitamin D from sunlight. These little softgels really seem to help to keep my blood levels of D in a more normal range. Without supplementation my levels dip dangerously low. I like the dosage as well...I can take a few a day if need be, and when I take just one I don't need to worry that I'm taking a high potency that may not be good for my daily use. :)

nic

Posted by 5287414781409015628 on Dec 28, 2013

good

New for me

Posted by 4963655237003071478 on Dec 31, 2013

Started taking Vitamin D recently. Feeling good as of late but that may be due to changed diet, weight loss and increased exercise. In anyway, vitamin D can't hurt

Nice price and a good product

Posted by 5342806715053150920 on May 28, 2014

Easy to swallow. I will buy this again if needed.

great vitamin d3

Posted by Reviewer3348372 on Aug 06, 2014

another quality product stocked by iherb! does what it is supposed to do. excellent

easy to take

Posted by 5419390554367497873 on Aug 15, 2014

Easy to take daily

Good value

Posted by 5598399106105531991 on Sep 26, 2015

Hopefully it is also good quality. No way to tell.

Bought this because I heard that Vit D3 can help with eczema

Posted by 4943035106376538876 on May 02, 2016

I bought this because I read that Vit D3 is good for people with eczema. Not in a sense that it will cure it, but it will just alleviate the symptoms. I've been eating 1 tablet everyday and it does seem that my flare up is a bit better because of this. I do stilll get itchy from time to time, but it seems a bit better now.