Simple product, can be effective if used properly

Posted by Reviewer1133036 on Aug 23, 2016

I received this item in a sale, and it's o.k., but you have to be smart and use it properly. Vitamin D is very important, but it should be combined with Vitamin K2, Vitamin A, Calcium and Magnesium in order to adsorb properly. To decrease the number of pills/tablets, a more complex D+K2 product is recommended (though those aren't common yet, since the crucial importance of K2 became widely known in this decade only).

Very Affordable Vitamin D3 If You Do Not Need A Stronger Formula

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on Dec 07, 2015

I give the product four stars because it does not state that the olive oil would be coldpressed as I would like to see. 1,000 IU = 25 µg vitamin D3, the best form of vitamin D. You should meaure your vitamin D level sometimes to see that you are getting enough this very important sun vitamin. I have measured my blood serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D, 25(OH)D three times and last time my test result was 141 nmol/L = 56.4 ng/ml. My test result was now at optimum level which is 125 - 150 nmol/L = 50 - 60 ng/ml when you are taking enough Vitamin D. I will continue with the same dosage that is 2,000- 5,000 IU daily to keep my vitamin D level right. There is no need to worry about overdosing because the tendency for serum 25(OH)D to rise when the starting level already is higher is very gradual. I hope you find this review helpful. Please, also visit my page for more reviews, especially for new customers to iHerb. Enjoy your iHerb journey!

Fantastic price--about 1/2 the price of what I can find locally!

Posted by WildSweetVermont on Aug 06, 2012

I live in a very overcast area, and don't spend tons of time outside, so I don't get much vitamin D from sunlight. These little softgels really seem to help to keep my blood levels of D in a more normal range. Without supplementation my levels dip dangerously low. I like the dosage as well...I can take a few a day if need be, and when I take just one I don't need to worry that I'm taking a high potency that may not be good for my daily use. :)

Elizabeth M. Wood

Posted by Reviewer2296020 on Feb 28, 2009

A+++++

Now Foods, Vitamin D-3 1000 IU, 180 Softgels

Posted by Naturly on Mar 04, 2009

good value at iherb verses health store prices

Vitamin D-3

Posted by Reviewer2757144 on Mar 10, 2009

Seems to be a reliable, potent product, competitively priced.

Lower price

Posted by Reviewer1834536 on Mar 18, 2009

I found this item to have a much lower price than what I had paid for it at my local health store.

Very good product

Posted by Reviewer2950071 on Mar 23, 2009

Arrived promptly.

review vit. "d"

Posted by Reviewer2487346 on Apr 20, 2009

good product, easy on pocketbook.

have lots of muscle pain

Posted by Reviewer1138366 on Apr 26, 2009

This seems to help with the fibermyalgia pain some, I think since I have a bad reaction to the sun, I need the D, and have felt better taking it with my other vitamins.