Now Foods, Vitamin D-3, High Potency, 1000 IU, 180 Softgels

Feed your bones and brain

Posted by Reviewer1135456 on Mar 30, 2008

You need Vitamin D to absorb calcium. People who avoid the sun, use sunscreen, or have dark skin are particularly vulnerable to D deficiency, which can lead to osteoporosis and depression (especially Seasonal Affective Disorder in northern climates.) You can overdose on D -- it doesn't dissolve in water and can be stored in body fat -- but not at this level. One a day is enough.

Love the tiny capsules!

Posted by TrueReviews on Nov 15, 2013

I was looking for a Vitamin D3 product for the winter months that contains close to Recommended Daily Dose and not 10x more than that, because Vit D is toxic in that high amounts. The 1000 IU is just fine. I also like the fact that it contains olive oil, and not some grain based oil. The tiny capsules are so easy to swallow. Another good product with low dose of Vit D3 is Thorne Research, D-1000. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Loose teeth

Posted by Reviewer2547129 on Dec 26, 2007

I have a tooth that would loosen up once in a while. I did some research and found that people who don't get enough sunlight need to supplement with Vitamin D. I live near Chicago. During the winter, we can go weeks without seeing much sun. I tried supplementing with the D. I take 2 a day. It works as long as I keep using it.

Easy to take small pills

Posted by Reviewer2807001 on Apr 05, 2008

I love the small, easy-to-take pills. (I have a gagging problem with regular pills.)

Intriguing

Posted by Reviewer2140357 on Apr 09, 2008

I've just added this to my regimen. I probably don't produce enough vitamin D of my own due to lack of sunlight exposure. I'm finding that this might be a very important vitamin. So far I definately feel some anti-inflammatory benefits, and this helps with the body ache I experience due to ME/CFS. It is so cheap I recommend trying it.