Great product

Posted by Reviewer2209937 on Jun 18, 2009

I give this to one of my daughters to prevent her eczema from flaring up. I give it to all of them to prevent a myriad of problems from chap-lips to sunburn to illness.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer1221476 on Jul 22, 2009

I decided to start taking Vitamin D after reading so many studies about its benefits and hearing from a couple of friends how Vitamin D helps with mood. I'm from the northeast and this past June, there were only 4 sunny days in the entire month. ALl other days were raining or heavily overcast. My mood is definitely connected to sunlight (am pretty sure I have seasonal affective disorder) and I was mildly depressed without any life stressors to speak of. Since taking this, my mood is much better, whether or not I'm directly taking in sun to produce Vitamin D naturally.

love it

Posted by Reviewer2696475 on Dec 13, 2008

I live in Alaska where we need to add D in winter due to lack of sunlight. The whole family takes it, even my 5 year old who can easily swallow this teeny tiny capsule.

EVERYONE NEEDS MORE VITAMIN D!!

Posted by Reviewer3286239 on Jul 19, 2008

I absolutely LOVE these little softgels, and I make sure the whole family gets their daily dose of this VERY essential vitamin! My husband's and my blood pressure has gone WAY down with a daily dose of 3000IU, and that is the only thing we've added to our regimen of allopathic and natural supplements. This little vitamin is TERRIFIC!!

Super great!

Posted by Reviewer3156794 on Oct 22, 2008

I just read that the number one preventive for the flu is Vit D. I also read in the AARP newsletter that a Vit D deficiency manifests itself just like Alzheimer's. Maybe your elderly friends and family don't really have Alzheimer's maybe they're very low in Vit D. Check it out. It happened to my Mom who's 82 and never goes out into the sunshine. Her doctor put her on 3000mgs of Vit D and wow what a difference.

Vitamin D-3

Posted by Reviewer1282533 on Nov 08, 2008

I am very pleased with this product. My doctor recommended Calcium Citrate along with 3 softgels of Vitamin D-3 for osteopenia. I just had a dexa scan of the bones in my spine and left hip, and they are almost in the normal range which was a 11.8% improvement from just two years ago when I started taking this product. I will continue to take it from now on. Thanks for making it so easy to order online. Judy Squires

Recommended dose

Posted by Reviewer3088906 on Feb 02, 2008

1000 IU/day is the current recommendation among certain populations. The general consensus is that concerns over Vitamin D toxicity have been overstated, and that individuals living in certain parts of the world (above a certain latitudinal lines) are simply not exposed to enough UV radiation during the winter months to produce a sufficient amount of Vitamin D. Vitamin D behaves like a hormone in the body, regulating calcium metabolism. (Among other things; for example, it has also been found to have some anticarcinogenic properties).

4,000 IU of D3 daily year round

Posted by Reviewer1981810 on Oct 07, 2007

In March 2007 a study said: 4,000 IU of vitamin D3 daily required for ideal cancer prevention blood level of 55ng/ml 25(OH)D especially for those who avoid sun as advised by skin doctors. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2007 Mar;103(3-5):708-11.

Excellent Value!

Posted by Reviewer1054280 on Mar 25, 2007

With research suggesting that people take even more of this vitamin for bone health and cancer protection, this is an easy to swallow tiny gel cap at a great price.

Tiny and soy-free

Posted by Reviewer1908266 on Jan 23, 2008

Olive oil to the rescue for we who need soy-free solutions with higher doses of vitamin D. Great job!