Working Great!

Posted by Reviewer2646290 on Jun 12, 2010

I did a zinc taste test first using Ethical Nutrients zinc sulphate. Currently using Now Zinc Picolinate supplement to correct my zinc level. It's working great and is gentle on my system. I have used other Now products in the past and am very pleased with this one too. Our ability to absorb zinc declines with age and a deficiency can lead to numerous health conditions. Digestive disorders and certain medications (diuretics, blood pressure, acid suppressing, oral contraceptives, non-bioidentical hormone replacement) deplete zinc. Vegetarians and vegans especially need to monitor levels. Besides strengthening the immune system, zinc is instrumental in healing wounds, stabilizing blood glucose, neurological function, sense of taste and smell, normal growth during pregnancy, childhood, and adolescence; protects against macular degeneration, helps boost libido, effectively treats acne, eczema, and eating disorders.

Dana

Posted by Reviewer2862251 on Aug 29, 2008

This product has cleared up my daughter's acne. It took about 4-6 months of 50 mg daily. We also have not had a cold or the flu even after exposure since taking this supplement.

Great for Acne!

Posted by Reviewer1404523 on Jun 05, 2010

I bought Now Zinc Picolinate to try and help my son with all his allergies. I was shocked when his face got completely clear of acne for the first time ever, within 3 weeks of taking this zinc product! I give him about 100 mg. The acne has not returned!!!

*** NIH Warning ***

Posted by Reviewer3242287 on Dec 12, 2012

This quality of this product is fine for occasional use. However, please be aware that the National Institutes of Health Upper intake Level (UL) for zinc is 40 mg/day for adults, while this product delivers 50 mg/capsule. You may develop health problems if you take this product regularly. See this: http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Zinc-HealthProfessional/ "Reductions in a copper-containing enzyme, a marker of copper status, have been reported with even moderately high zinc intakes of approximately 60 mg/day for up to 10 weeks [2]. The doses of zinc used in the AREDS study (80 mg per day of zinc in the form of zinc oxide for 6.3 years, on average) have been associated with a significant increase in hospitalizations for genitourinary causes, raising the possibility that chronically high intakes of zinc adversely affect some aspects of urinary physiology"

No stomach upset

Posted by Reviewer2654689 on Feb 26, 2009

I bought this based on the reviews. This is the only zinc I have ever taken that did not upset my stomach in any way.

An easier way to take zinc.

Posted by Reviewer1358031 on Mar 06, 2008

Zinc piccolinate seems to be much gentler on the sysem than Zinc citrate, which gives me a sore bladder. CFTE

Would order again

Posted by Reviewer1030121 on Jun 02, 2009

I'm using this as part of my arsenal to deal with food issues, recommended by the Diet Cure (Julia Ross). As far as I can tell, it is helping me!

great for acne prone skin

Posted by Reviewer2597752 on Mar 11, 2009

taking this form of zinc once a day has really helped my acne prone skin. Great product and great price!

Posted by naturellen on Oct 21, 2010

I have been taking these to prevent breakouts on my skin and they seem to be effective. The capsules don't cause any uncomfortable stomach symptoms.

for hypoglycemics

Posted by Reviewer1648001 on Dec 30, 2007

I'm very sensitive to any type of sugar,even gluconate,etc.sothis is good! can't find it around here, Good price