Contains Maltodextrin, not suitable for diabetics!

Posted by 5124832303772255919 on Oct 23, 2012

Maltodextrins are easily digestible carbohydrates made from natural corn starch, nothing to do with malt products despite the name suggesting so. They are polymers of dextrose (sometimes labeled "glucose polymers"), that do not contain significant quantities of protein, fat or fibre. ***Diabetics maltodextrin’s glycemic index is considered to be metabolically equivalent to glucose (dextrose). In other words it is equivalent to sugar!*** For a low-carber such as myself, this product is fine & the taste is fantastic, no bitterness whatsoever & super sweet for such a small sachet, but please don't get this if you are a diabetic.

Includes sugar be warned!

Posted by Reviewer1617826 on Apr 03, 2010

I love the taste of this 'sugar replacement' but am extremely unhappy to realise that it includes 'maltodextron' or SUGAR! Which completely defeats the purpose of this amazing super food. Such a shame.

Beware of carbs

Posted by Reviewer2473373 on Feb 13, 2011

The taste of this product is sweet without any bitterness so it is excellent in that way. I've used this mainly with hot beverages and it is perfect with black tea, with coffee it works but not as well. However, this is not pure stevia but it has maltodextrin so the carb count is 1 gram per serving. If you are carb sensitive you might consider pure stevia products instead.

WARNING

Posted by Reviewer2452647 on Jan 30, 2015

Contains Maltodextrin!! Which causes insulin spike worse than sugar!! POINTLESS AND DECEIVING!!

Bye bye artificial sweeteners.

Posted by Reviewer1632411 on Jan 26, 2008

I've used all types of sweeteners, artificial and natural...this is a great find and this brand is without a doubt the best. No aftertaste. Works well in cereal, shakes, tea....etc. Try it.

Awful

Posted by Reviewer1583629 on Oct 24, 2007

I read the reviews and ordered this product. I'm surprised that others say that it has no bitterness because thats what I've noticed the most. It also never sweetens enough and if you add more than the recommended one packet the bitterness is unbearable. iherb is a great service but this product is a disappointment. I wish I knew which stevia product had minimal bitterness so that I can order it.

Stevia

Posted by Reviewer3343283 on May 01, 2009

I was disappointed with NuStevia. I had not tried stevia before and was hoping that it would be a good sugar substitute but it has an overwhelming flavor that completely changed the flavor of my coffee.

Great substitute for sugar

Posted by Reviewer1654704 on Feb 14, 2011

tiny bags it easy. Great product

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer1874641 on Mar 17, 2011

This brand of Stevia is really great. There is no aftertaste at all. It is comparable to Splenda, which is what I used before. The only issue with the packets for me was that one whole packet was way too sweet for a mug of coffee, so I had to use half. I think I will buy the powder in the future so I can measure it out myself. Other than that, this is an awesome natural sweetner. I will be using again.

The best!

Posted by Lilly88888888 on Dec 20, 2012

The best sweetener I've tasted!