Still looking for affordable uncut stevia.

Posted by Reviewer1873455 on Nov 29, 2007

I love using Stevia and have used another brand for about five years. I was disappointed in the product I received because it was not PURE steviia, it has some additives mixed in. I suppose that is to make it pour better. Honestly, when it is time for me to reorder I will look for an affordable brand that has no additives, just pure stevia extract in powdered form. Thanks for asking.

Best taste, but beware!

Posted by BelieveJesus4EternalLife on Nov 02, 2007

The good news is there's a no-carbohydrate variety. However, this product contains 1 gm of maltodextrin per serving. Maltodextrin is a carbohydrate with one of the highest glycemic values of any food - 137! I will no longer purchase this product because I use more than one serving when I use it, which means a greater spike in glucose and insulin levels. Because the GI value is so high, this causes the same effect as eating any other sugar-laden food. How ironic is this, but unfortunately it's very true. Go for the no-carbohydrate variety.

Do not be fooled

Posted by Reviewer2618090 on Oct 10, 2011

This has maltodextrin in it, so if you are trying to break a sugar addiction, manage diabetes or cut carbs., do not get this. Maltodextrin negates any benefits you would derive from plain stevia. I looked this up, thanks to another reviewer, and found that maltodextrin is highly processsed and refined; glycemic index is higher than white sugar and white bread. BAD STUFF.

Natural Sweetener

Posted by Reviewer2638633 on Aug 09, 2011

Works well as my additive for Electrolyte mixture!

12 oz Stevia "Extract"

Posted by Reviewer2543734 on Dec 08, 2007

Product is good but the cost plus shipping could be lower.

NuNaturals, White Stevia Powder, Standardized 12 oz

Posted by Reviewer1559605 on Feb 25, 2008

Product is great for cooking and sweetening larger quanities. Great product and healthy alternative to sugar.

Bitter,bitter,bitter

Posted by Reviewer2278523 on Apr 30, 2012

Bitter,bitter,bitter

They changed the formula!

Posted by Reviewer1278476 on Dec 05, 2013

I've been using this for years and now I find out after calling the company that they changed the formula. Now the product is terrible!!! iHerb has the old photo posted as you can see in the picture it says Dietary Supplement but now the actual bottle says Premium Natural Sweetener. THIS IS JUST AWFUL TASTING!

not real stevia

Posted by 5329501625645935969 on Sep 10, 2015

I paid good money for this but its not pure stevia. I got sores in my gums and dry mouth due to all other non related supplements added. I don't use it any more! don't buy thus if you wand real pure organic stevia!!

Watch I herb like a eagle

Posted by 5502258264658320791 on Nov 25, 2015

Selling garbage like this,not right I herb.Please don't carry poisons. Maltodextrin should be advertised here...........NOT stevia, .Must be 99 % of Maltodextrin as I sweetened my tea and it put my blood glucose meter in convulsions as it won't read over 600 ! It's worse than poison and as a t1diabetic I'm much better off using brown sugar! No sweet tea for 6 weeks as I can't buy more on my budget......integrity counts in sales too you know. Mabe I can mix it with aspertaime to kill ants in the back yard.