NuNaturals, NuStevia, White Stevia Pure Extract, 1 lb (454 g)

Warning: product reformulated June 2013

Posted by Reviewer1171778 From North Carolina on Jun 19, 2013

Yuck. They have reformulated this product. The new container is larger and the product has a nasty bitter aftertaste, and us less than 1/3 as sweet. After 6 years I am looking for a new brand. Please email me annkatherine@gmail.com if you know a good alternative. This stuff is no longer worth buying. I called the company and they admit the new product is very different, less sweet and bitter. FYI

Reformulated--gone from the best on the market to the WORST!

Posted by Reviewer1892191 From Missouri on Aug 06, 2013

I called the company also and they stated they have reformulated in order to market it in another way. I told them it was awful and very upset as I had used this product for several years, but no more. I just hate this because I searched forever before I found this product.

Good Bye NuNaturals

Posted by Reviewer1282931 From Washington on Sep 28, 2013

They have definitely reformulated the product. It taste different, has an after taste that it didn't before. It takes 4 to5 times as much to acquire the same sweetness as before. Now I have to find another brand. What a shame, I have been buying NuNaturals for 2 years from iHerb, and now I have to find something else.

A great product!

Posted by Reviewer3219931 From Alabama on Jan 08, 2010

My father (a diabetic) and I really love this product. When we first switched to Stevia we tried a 1 lb. container made by 'Now Foods' and it was great with not a bit of bitterness. Next we decided to try this 1 lb container of NuNaturals NuStevia. And were we surprised! Both products we tried were of the 100% pure extract form, but the NuNaturals surprised us because it was FAR more potent, meaning we had to use far less to get the same amount of 'sweetness' that the 'NOW' product had given us. At first, we found the NuNaturals would taste just a little bit bitter - until we realized it was because of the concentrated potency - and when we cut way back on amounts, then it would taste nicely sweet with no bitterness. For example, to sweeten a single glass of drink I would use a fork and use only 1 of the fork tines and get just a tiny amount onto the tip of the tine! A ridiculously small amount :-) Expect one container of this to last you over a year for single users. My biggest use of it now is to put a cup of fresh cranberries into water, boil, add stevia, and use this as concentrate to make about 2 gallons of a very healthy and sweet drink (with just a hint of sour from cranberries). I recommend this product, but do not recommend other products which are not 100% pure stevia extract as they contain a lot of fillers (such as maltodextrin or other sweetener). They add fillers to make the stevia easier to measure using a teaspoon or tablespoon. But I recommend you buy a set of minature standardized measuring spoons containing "Drop" "Smidgen" "Pinch" "Dash" and "Tad". Then you will have no trouble accurately measuring your NuStevia Pure Extract.

Product I received was mislabeled

Posted by Reviewer2194810 From Oregon on Oct 13, 2010

NuNatural apparently has made a labeling error which incorrectly states that this 1 pound of pure stevia extract contains maltodextrin. I received this product from iHerb.com and had to confirm with NuNaturals that it was indeed Pure white stevia extract and did not contain maltodextrin. iHerb.com support claims all their products are labeled this way, so you may receive a mislabeled product if you order this from iHerb.com. I have confirmed with NuNaturals that the product does not contain maltodextrin.