Warning: product reformulated June 2013

Posted by Reviewer1171778 on Jun 19, 2013

Yuck. They have reformulated this product. The new container is larger and the product has a nasty bitter aftertaste, and us less than 1/3 as sweet. After 6 years I am looking for a new brand. Please email me annkatherine@gmail.com if you know a good alternative. This stuff is no longer worth buying. I called the company and they admit the new product is very different, less sweet and bitter. FYI

Good Bye NuNaturals

Posted by Reviewer1282931 on Sep 28, 2013

They have definitely reformulated the product. It taste different, has an after taste that it didn't before. It takes 4 to5 times as much to acquire the same sweetness as before. Now I have to find another brand. What a shame, I have been buying NuNaturals for 2 years from iHerb, and now I have to find something else.

Reformulated--gone from the best on the market to the WORST!

Posted by Reviewer1892191 on Aug 06, 2013

I called the company also and they stated they have reformulated in order to market it in another way. I told them it was awful and very upset as I had used this product for several years, but no more. I just hate this because I searched forever before I found this product.

be careful, it's not the same

Posted by Reviewer1619000 on Jan 22, 2014

Sadly, the product that became available 2014 is inferior. And I would return if I could. I am researching for a new alternative.... Like the 2012 product.

BUYER BEWARE!!!

Posted by Reviewer2847517 on Apr 15, 2014

My first purchase of this product was just over a year ago. I was so enamoured of it that I gave samples to family and friends. It was the sweetest and most pleasant stevia that I had ever had the pleasure of using. I was like the advertising campaign manager for this product. Consequently I was asked to buy another 1 lb tub to be shared. Even though I still had plenty of the original I went ahead and purchased some more. The tub when it arrived was larger than the first, with the same volume and claim on the outside. On opening it I noticed that the colour and texture were not quite the same as the stevia that I had bought previously. The taste was dreadful! It took almost a half a teaspoon of the stuff to sweeten a mug of tea. The first batch called for a tiny pinch of stevia on the tip of a teaspoon to do the same job. On contacting the manufacturer I was informed that it was due to the FDA and having to compete in a market where it wasn't feasible for the company to keep the previous formula. iHerb refused to refund my money and NuNaturals were APOLOGETIC! Nobody wanted the stuff that I had purchased as it was in no way like the original purchase. It has proven to be a VERY EXPENSIVE AND BITTER LESSON for me. SO BUYER BEWARE!!! You have been warned!

Formula was changed

Posted by Reviewer3209327 on Dec 13, 2013

I agree with others. This used to the best on the market and its now AWLFUL. Need to find a new product.

Stevia without filler -- moving on from NuNaturals

Posted by Reviewer1963715 on Nov 18, 2013

I used to love this product -- no filler, and the taste was good. However, I am tired of the repeated NuNaturals shortages at iHerb, and the reviews of an inferior reformulation convince me that I was lucky to have discovered NuNaturals Pure when it was a good product, but it is time to move on. I have switched to the Trader Joe's Pure Stevia product and at this point, I guess I will stick with it.

Not the same product!

Posted by 4814577780133871176 on Feb 06, 2014

Alert: changed product. This was my 3rd one pound to order over the past years. It was unavailable last year and now I know why. This product is at least 400% less sweet then their previous product with the SAME label. (I have to use greater than 4 times the amount with current product than the old.) This makes this an extremely expensive product for us. I contacted NuNaturals and they confirmed that they are using a new supplier. Be prepared. iHerb will not refund opened containers.

The "Pure" version is NOT the same as it used to be!

Posted by Reviewer2445137 on Mar 02, 2014

This product became hard to come by for a good while but I held out with what I had left from my previous order of the large size. When it did come back in stock and I started using it, there is no doubt a difference in the product. It takes almost twice as much to sweeten anything compared to the former product. At first I wondered if I had become used to it but, no, it has changed. I used to buy the really large bag of NuStevia but realized it contains maltodextrin fillers so I switched to this "Pure" version only to be disappointed with the recent change. I will go back to using KAL stevia.

Recent changes means BAD product

Posted by Reviewer2771696 on Mar 07, 2014

Like many here, I was a repeat buyer of this product. NuNaturals has done something to foul up this product horribly! Do not buy! It's bad tasting now & a very poor value with only a fraction of its former power. I need a new version of pure stevia. NEW INFO: Called NuNaturals directly & very nice rep is sending samples of 2 newer products from a better source improve the product & try to win us back. Call NuNaturals & ask for samples!