| English
| USD ($)

NuNaturals, Presweet Tagatose, 1 lb (454 g) (Discontinued Item)

Reviews 4-star

Great taste but..

Posted by Reviewer2615522 on Feb 11, 2014

Very good as a sugar substitute and would have liked to keep using it, however on some days I had it all was well, but a couple other times it gave me an upset tummy, so about the 3 hour mark after eating it, don't leave the house !!!! I has the ability to liquidfy your entire insides. The taste is great and no after taste. I made caramel with it, and it thickens and browns into a good sauce, it will burn quickly and once it has gone too brown the taste is too burnt to eat. I would say 1 teaspoon at a time is fine, but 2 desertspoons in one sitting is enough to upset the tummy.

Good

Posted by Reviewer2849359 on Apr 26, 2014

Good taste and can lower glucose levels

Really does brown, but not sure about FODMAPs

Posted by Umbridge on Jan 31, 2014

I have only used this a few times, and it provides excellent results. I am not yet certain if this is high in FODMAPs, but I suspect it is. For someone with FODMAP intolerance, it can be hard to pinpoint the sources of digestive distress with any certainty, so I can't say for certain if it's caused me problems. However, it hasn't been tested, so if you have IBS or known FODMAP intolerance, I would proceed with caution.