10% off orders over $60.00. Offer ends September 30th.

NuNaturals, Erythritol, 5 lbs (2270 g)

Great sweetener!

Posted by Reviewer2904850 on Aug 15, 2009

I use this all the time! I mix 3/4 with 1/4 Xylitol for sweetening my iced tea. My family can't tell the difference from sugar.

Good taste, no gastric upset

Posted by Reviewer2009092 on Aug 16, 2010

I use a combination of Erythritol and stevia to give a well rounded sweetness to beverages, baked goods, etc. Erythritol does not cause bloating and discomfort that xylitol can, and so is good for use in larger amounts, such as sweetening beverages. No bitterness or unpleasant aftertaste noticed by this fan.

Erythritol

Posted by Reviewer2566083 on May 28, 2009

I've just used it on porridge so far. I left for holiday soon after getting it and haven't got back yet (doing this review at iherb.com request via email). Seems pretty good. The cool after-taste was not as noticeable as I expected and did not bother me at all. I tried Xylitol previously and found the laxative effect was a problem. No such problems with Erythritol, as expected. Since its only 70% as sweet as sugar, I plan to add some NuNaturals Stevia (the type that has no aftertaste, which I am also impressed with) so that I can get sufficient sweetness without the risk of spoiling the recipe by having too much dry ingredients (You would have to otherwise put approx 50% more Erythriol in the recipe to get the same sweetness). Plan to use it when making muffins and soy ice cream.

NOT INTERESTED IN BEING A RUNNER

Posted by Reviewer2093033 on Apr 14, 2010

The person who said it wasn't as sweet as sugar (or in my case Splenda) certainly has a gift for understatement. Just to APPROACH the same sweetness, I would have to use 10 teaspoons of this where I would use 3 of Splenda. Again even that just gives the vague sense of sweetness; it is still definitely not sweet. But MY GOD the laxative effect as a consequence!!! It also doesn't dissolve in cold drinks. You definitely have to start with hot water then dissolve the Erythritol, then add cold water and ice if you want a cold drink. I don't want to go back to Splenda; I'm not convinced it is a good alternative to sugar and I still haven't found a stevia that suits my tastes. It is a real shame, because if it weren't for the laxative effect, I think I would even deal with having to use so much to make something sweet. I definitely notice I have had no sweet tooth when using Erythritol. Until I started using Erythritol I didn't realize my constant sweet tooth was related Splenda use. But I shouldn't have to spend the entire day running to the bathroom.

Waste of My Money!

Posted by 5474883910781704131 on Oct 21, 2012

I have to say despite the many complaints about the lack of sweetness I decided to trust the many good reviews on this product. As soon as I tasted it I new I was not happy. It is barely sweet at all. It takes way to much to sweeten my coffee. The final blow was the dance I did across the main aisle at Lowe's after my stomach began to gargle I had a full blown 5 alarm emergency on my hands and I was lucky I was seconds away of never being able to show my face in there again! I would highly recommend the NuNaturals brand NuStevia Stevia it contains maltdextron but is considered all natrual and it really makes the best sweet tea and kool aid you will ever taste. I would use there Stevia even if I could have sugar it really is awesome.I have used it for over 5 years and love it. IHerb is the best deal because they sell it in a 5lb bulk bag. Stevia is very sweet so this bag will last my family of 6 3 to 4 months! Sorry but I would highly recommend saving your money on the Erythritol or stay close to a bathroom. One last thing compared to the Stevia which 5lbs would be closer to 20lbs of sugar where Erythritol crystals are lb for lb equal to sugar so that's like paying 30 dollars for 5 dollars worth of sugar. Example a tablespoon and a half of NuStevia replaces 1 cups of sugar in Kool Aid and the kids love it! Good Luck :)