July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

NuNaturals, Erythritol, 5 lbs (2270 g)

Reviews 5-star

NuNaturals Bulk Erythritol Crystals: Tremendous Asset for Sugar-Free Nutrition

Posted by Reviewer3080141 on Apr 17, 2010

I know, I know, it sounds like the mutant offspring of a chem lab and a toxic waste dump, but erythritol is a fermented sugar alcohol (not THAT kind, the non-recreational kind) that can take the place of sugar in cooking. It doesn't present the difficult side effect maltitol can have (I call it "Maltitol Thunder"), and it's not as... well, minty... as xylitol. We use erythritol in baking and desserts. The only thing I'd caution you about is that it doesn't melt and it doesn't erode, so I powder it in a coffee grinder first. It's about 70% as sweet as sugar, so you can either use about a third again as much in recipes as you would sugar (but be aware that it's quite rich), or do a half-and-half blend of bulked-up sucralose (the latter is what I do). I've noticed that, as we leave sugar farther behind in the past, we're not only loads healthier, we've quit craving sweets. Erythritol is a fantastic solution for diabetes management, although you can also benefit from using it if you'd just like to get away from sugar. The challenge is that we use enough of it (I feed folks at the office too) that finding bulk erythritol at a good price can be tough. You can't go wrong with this brand and the price. And, of course, iHerb always gives you terrific service, so you can't lose.

Good taste, no gastric upset

Posted by Reviewer2009092 on Aug 16, 2010

I use a combination of Erythritol and stevia to give a well rounded sweetness to beverages, baked goods, etc. Erythritol does not cause bloating and discomfort that xylitol can, and so is good for use in larger amounts, such as sweetening beverages. No bitterness or unpleasant aftertaste noticed by this fan.

Per your request

Posted by Reviewer2193589 on Jul 07, 2010

Great!!! Love the fine crystals. I mix erythritol, Xyletol and Stevia for my on-the - counter sugar bowl. Dannielle

Great Stuff

Posted by Reviewer3320350 on Feb 20, 2010

I love that it is a bit less sweet, with NO aftertaste! I'm sticking w/it. Texture is perfect; just like granulated

Great product

Posted by Reviewer1211936 on Mar 07, 2010

This is the best sugar substitute going. I use it in baking and everywhere.