Nubian Heritage, Raw Shea Butter Infused with Franincesne & Myrrh, 4 oz

Posted by Reviewer1413890 on Aug 17, 2015

I have, used this product for about five years. I loved the scent and that it went on smoothly if one warmed it in their hand. It has been my sunscreen and every other kind of lotion I used to use. In the last year the quality has gone in the toilet. The scent is almost negligible, the consistency has changed, the product has lost its pale amber color, when one rubs on it had granules in it that don't dissolve. I have gone to other retail outlets to no avail, their product has the same issues. My sis-n-law lives elsewhere and she is having the same issues, as is my neighbor. I have written to the company and have not received any explanation of why the product is like it is now. My vote currently is DON'T BUY IT. The price has risen steadily and the quality has dropped with these price hikes. Someone is asleep and the helm.

Beautiful Product

Posted by Reviewer2084487 on Aug 06, 2010

Think this is the most extrodinary perfume. Lingers on the skin and is simply heavenly i think, Product you can tell is truly natural you have to be prepared to dig small amounts out of jar and warm between your hands to rub over your body. But worth every bit of effort. I love the product and will buy more. Does leave my skin feeling soft. Will buy again and more of this brand. Melbourne, Australia

Awesome

Posted by Reviewer1446518 on Jul 11, 2010

Great for streachmarks!

I liked!

Posted by Reviewer2868873 on Aug 18, 2010

Great tool! The aroma just is crazy, so exciting! It can replace the spirits! The skin is perfectly moisturizes and economical. I liked!

very nice

Posted by Reviewer1841961 on Jun 05, 2010

I put this in my hair to tame the curls. Good stuff. Smells great.

Peeew! Another stinker!

Posted by Reviewer1812067 on Mar 08, 2012

Oh my gosh, this one smells as bad, if not worse, than the Chai. When will I ever learn not to believe when other people say it smells good? Thank goodness I didn't order the order the body wash..... So far, the coconut papaya scent is my favorite.

THIS IS NOT AN ALL NATURAL PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Reviewer2672292 on Apr 23, 2012

I ordered this butter for my dry skin also thinking I would be receiveing a all natural product! WRONG!!!!!! Ive used pure shea butter on my skin before and absolutly love the results and how real shea butter soaks right into my skin. THIS PRODUCT IS GREESY and it smells so strong of a cheap artificial fragrance. I gave this so called raw shea butter to my gardner and she didn't like the smell either. This stuff stinks! I guess in the trash it will go!

I don't smell the frankincense or myrrh

Posted by Reviewer1389802 on Sep 21, 2014

Full disclosure: I've never owned anything else scented with either frankincense or myrrh as the main scent, and I've never owned essential oils of either. Nevertheless, I was disappointed when this butter arrived in the mail smelling like nothing but unrefined shea butter and with a hard texture to boot. I thought I was getting a good deal because all of the glowing reviews, some claiming that the frankincense and myrrh scent was so strong that they had to mix this butter with something else to tone down the scent. Yet all I smell is shea, which I recognize from the raw, unrefined shea butter I already own and use regularly. I put this on one arm, the unrefined and unscented shea on the other arm, and sniffed both of them regularly throughout the day. Same scent. Did they forget to put the essential oils in the batch this came from or something? On top of it all, this butter has a hard texture and is VERY expensive compared to my other shea (which is buttery soft and costed about $20 for 5 pounds elsewhere). This is 4 ounces of hard shea butter which smells like plain shea butter and costs over $10. I think not. From now on I'll just either scent my own shea butter with affordable essential oils or wear it plain.

Smell stays on and blends with your natural scent

Posted by supasha on Apr 05, 2010

This Raw Shea Butter melts (literally) onto your skin. It isn't waxy and the smell is just devine. The oils in the product just blend with your bodys scent and many have asked what I am wearing:)

shea butter

Posted by Reviewer1919428 on Oct 30, 2009

This shea butter is a very hard solid that is difficult to scrape from the jar and apply. I don't care for the scent.