Gag me green!

Posted by Reviewer3100668 on Aug 02, 2010

Same with this stuff. Horrible. This is the first product I have ordered that was an extreme disappointment. I had a physical aversion to the scents used.

Bad consistency!

Posted by 5501387860902075482 on Oct 28, 2015

I read another reviewer saying that the consistency had changed for the worse. I bought it anyway - and I do regret! It takes forever to rub it in and afterwards it feels oily. The scent is overrated as well - quite masculine. I'm sorry as I like many of the others.

THIS IS NOT AN ALL NATURAL PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Reviewer2672292 on Apr 23, 2012

I ordered this butter for my dry skin also thinking I would be receiveing a all natural product! WRONG!!!!!! Ive used pure shea butter on my skin before and absolutly love the results and how real shea butter soaks right into my skin. THIS PRODUCT IS GREESY and it smells so strong of a cheap artificial fragrance. I gave this so called raw shea butter to my gardner and she didn't like the smell either. This stuff stinks! I guess in the trash it will go!

I don't smell the frankincense or myrrh

Posted by Reviewer1389802 on Sep 21, 2014

Full disclosure: I've never owned anything else scented with either frankincense or myrrh as the main scent, and I've never owned essential oils of either. Nevertheless, I was disappointed when this butter arrived in the mail smelling like nothing but unrefined shea butter and with a hard texture to boot. I thought I was getting a good deal because all of the glowing reviews, some claiming that the frankincense and myrrh scent was so strong that they had to mix this butter with something else to tone down the scent. Yet all I smell is shea, which I recognize from the raw, unrefined shea butter I already own and use regularly. I put this on one arm, the unrefined and unscented shea on the other arm, and sniffed both of them regularly throughout the day. Same scent. Did they forget to put the essential oils in the batch this came from or something? On top of it all, this butter has a hard texture and is VERY expensive compared to my other shea (which is buttery soft and costed about $20 for 5 pounds elsewhere). This is 4 ounces of hard shea butter which smells like plain shea butter and costs over $10. I think not. From now on I'll just either scent my own shea butter with affordable essential oils or wear it plain.

Peeew! Another stinker!

Posted by Reviewer1812067 on Mar 08, 2012

Oh my gosh, this one smells as bad, if not worse, than the Chai. When will I ever learn not to believe when other people say it smells good? Thank goodness I didn't order the order the body wash..... So far, the coconut papaya scent is my favorite.

no scent whatsoever

Posted by 4776554715602738347 on Oct 27, 2014

Very hard plain shea butter with no scent whatsoever - and I purchased it because I wanted to enjoy that exciting and strong smell everybody is raving about. Too pricey plain shea butter.

It is a soild, I dont know how to use it

Posted by Sulucia on Dec 23, 2015

It is a TOTAL SOLID! I don;t know how to apply it on my skin, I think it was a paper wrap on the shea butter, but then it broke into pieces, below the "layer" there is a TOTAL SOLID thing, i cant make use of it, and i cant take any of it out with my hand, im thinking to melt it with fire or use a fork... it is still here, i dunno what is it FOR!

No fragrance

Posted by 4826151098457674580 on Dec 05, 2015

Quite disappointed by the fact that I only smell raw shea butter, I do not smell any frankincense & myrrh.

very disappointed

Posted by 5614816326336274594 on Dec 30, 2015

I'm really not convinced by this shea butter, the texture is extremely granulated and does not melt easily even if you rub it in your hand before applying. I've bought shea butter before and the texture was always smooth and melted easily. I wasn't too bothered by the scent