Nubian Heritage, Raw Shea Butter, Infused with Frankincense & Myrrh, 4 oz (113 g)

Reviews 1-star

Peeew! Another stinker!

Posted by Reviewer1812067 on Mar 08, 2012

Oh my gosh, this one smells as bad, if not worse, than the Chai. When will I ever learn not to believe when other people say it smells good? Thank goodness I didn't order the order the body wash..... So far, the coconut papaya scent is my favorite.

THIS IS NOT AN ALL NATURAL PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Reviewer2672292 on Apr 23, 2012

I ordered this butter for my dry skin also thinking I would be receiveing a all natural product! WRONG!!!!!! Ive used pure shea butter on my skin before and absolutly love the results and how real shea butter soaks right into my skin. THIS PRODUCT IS GREESY and it smells so strong of a cheap artificial fragrance. I gave this so called raw shea butter to my gardner and she didn't like the smell either. This stuff stinks! I guess in the trash it will go!

I don't smell the frankincense or myrrh

Posted by Reviewer1389802 on Sep 21, 2014

Full disclosure: I've never owned anything else scented with either frankincense or myrrh as the main scent, and I've never owned essential oils of either. Nevertheless, I was disappointed when this butter arrived in the mail smelling like nothing but unrefined shea butter and with a hard texture to boot. I thought I was getting a good deal because all of the glowing reviews, some claiming that the frankincense and myrrh scent was so strong that they had to mix this butter with something else to tone down the scent. Yet all I smell is shea, which I recognize from the raw, unrefined shea butter I already own and use regularly. I put this on one arm, the unrefined and unscented shea on the other arm, and sniffed both of them regularly throughout the day. Same scent. Did they forget to put the essential oils in the batch this came from or something? On top of it all, this butter has a hard texture and is VERY expensive compared to my other shea (which is buttery soft and costed about $20 for 5 pounds elsewhere). This is 4 ounces of hard shea butter which smells like plain shea butter and costs over $10. I think not. From now on I'll just either scent my own shea butter with affordable essential oils or wear it plain.

Gag me green!

Posted by Reviewer3100668 on Aug 02, 2010

Same with this stuff. Horrible. This is the first product I have ordered that was an extreme disappointment. I had a physical aversion to the scents used.

no scent whatsoever

Posted by 4776554715602738347 on Oct 27, 2014

Very hard plain shea butter with no scent whatsoever - and I purchased it because I wanted to enjoy that exciting and strong smell everybody is raving about. Too pricey plain shea butter.