Pretty little teapot

Posted by Reviewer2183413 on Apr 27, 2011

Received this set almost a month after ordering, probably delayed due to Australian Quarantine requirements. Items are in perfect condition, although I will say that I expected the teapot to be larger! It holds about 300ml of water when completely full. Insulation is good too, keeps tea hot reasonably well.

Pretty, but very mild taste

Posted by MentaPiperita on Nov 22, 2015

The teapot feels very light but it's actually quite nice. It's more than enough for two cups of tea. The tea "flowers" were not properly packed, some of the plastic bags were partially open so the tea wasn't sealed and I think it might have lost some freshness. When I brew it, it needed more time than recommended in order to colour the water, and the taste was very very mild. The flowering effect is pretty, but it's hard to get the flower right because it usually gets upside down when you pour the water, and then it floats around the teapot (so you won't see the perfect blooming showed in the pictures). I didn't mind and I still think it's a lovely way of brewing tea. The taste is very delicate, but it was too faint for me. To sum up, it feels like a luxurious and pampering way of brewing and drinking tea. Perfect for a gift and specially good for people who like delicate and soft tea. But I would have liked a stronger tea.