• iHerb inventory is extremely fresh, as we buy this product directly from Nutiva, a local company.

• Reviews | English

Excellent organic hemp seed oil.

Posted by Leione on Jun 25, 2014

Hemp oil is truly a superfood. In addition to being organic, cold pressed, non-GMO, hexane and BPA free, non-hydrogenated, and vegan, this delicious oil with a nutty flavor is one of the best sources of the rare omega-6 (linolenic, gamma-linolenic), omega-3 (alpha-linolenic, stearidonic), omega-9 oleic fatty acids known for fighting inflammation, relieving pain, supporting a healthy metabolism and facilitating fat burning. Its 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids makes hemp oil superior to fish oil. Moreover, it has the most complete amino acid profile and contains all the 9 essential amino acids (phenylalanine, valine, threonine, tryptophan, methionine, leucine, isoleucine, lysine and histidine), which makes it superior to meat, milk, eggs and soy. In addition to all this, hemp oil is a great source of magnesium, phosphorus, pota ssium, zinc, iron, vitamins E, C, B1, B2, B6, and carotene in a fat soluble, easily digestible form, not to mention that it's naturally gluten and cholesterol free and suitable for people suffering from gluten intolerance and celiac disease. It's no surprise that hemp oil is packed with health benefits and can help people suffering from high cholesterol, obesity, heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, gastritis, acid reflux, nausea, indigestion, menstrual cramps, asthma, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, osteoporosis, arthritis, rheumatism, autoimmune disorders, and even cancer: it lowers triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, normalizes blood pressure, improves blood circulation, protects against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, helps stabilize blood sugar and regulate insulin levels, boosts and strengthens the immune system, flushes toxins out of the body, improves liver and kidney function, aids digestion, prevents heartburn and acid reflux, relieves nausea and bloating, soothes the stomach lining, reduces inflammation, facilitates healing, stimulates the activity of the body’s antioxidant enzymes and neutralizes free radicals, improves brain function, restores hormonal balance, helps maintain healthy bones, joints, teeth, skin, hair, and nails, aids sleep, relieves the symptoms of stress and depression, and contains phytosterols which may reduce the risk of colon, breast and prostate cancer. Hemp seed oil is great for the skin and can be applied topically, as well. It deeply moisturizes, nourishes, softens, soothes, tones, firms, revitalizes, regenerates, and heals the skin, restoring its elasticity and making it softer and smoother, reduces redness and inflammation, prevents dryness and dehydration, regulates sebum production, evens out the skin tone, improves the complexion, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, scars, and stretch marks, improves cellular circulation, stimulates cell renewal and collagen production, supports and strengthens the skin's defensive mechanisms, improves cellular circulation, protects against premature aging. I love this organic hemp oil: it helps normalize my cholesterol and blood pressure, relieves the symptoms of my acid reflux and gastritis, improves my complexion and evens out my skin tone. This product has a delicious nutty flavor and I add it salads, smoothies, rice, pasta, vegetable dishes, and many different recipes. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to have a healthier diet and improve their overall health and well-being.

great results, great flavor

Posted by krishna on Aug 16, 2012

i'm new at iHerb & buying hemp oil for the 1st time. my mom, 65, is suffering from severe knees joint pain (arthritis), stiff fingers & numb left arm, for few years now. nothing out there is helping her. after several months of search i decided to try hemp oil for her. i placed my order on 7/19/2012 & it arrived on 8/2/2012. i bought 2x710ml bottles of nutiva hemp oil; for my mom & me. she's been consuming ever since, 2 tablespoons, daily. i keep tab on her progress every couple of days. now after 2 weeks, her numb arm is 50% recovered, 3 of her fingers are no longer stiff & lesser knee joint pains. she has told me to place the next order end-Aug. as for me, i love its nutty flavor but i keep to 2 tablespoon a day. now, i don't feel lazy but have more energy, my skin appear much moistured with better complexion...all these in just 2 weeks! thanks iHerb & your team is great! i will continue buying more of your products and yes, nutiva 'miracle' hemp oil is a definite buy!

yummy oil

Posted by Reviewer1536695 on Jun 16, 2009

This oil has a beautiful, dark green color and a lovely nutty taste which reminds me of toasted sunflower seeds. I use it in salad dressing and green gazpacho (blend green peppers, cucumber, celery, apple cider vinegar, hemp oil and some salt and pepper to taste). I also apply directly onto skin. As with many of these goods, the health benefits are not immediately apparent but I am sure that with continued use, my family will all benefit from it.

Perfect

Posted by Reviewer1892810 on Nov 24, 2008

High quality and not bad tasting. Bought this for my father who has arthritis and he said it took most of his pain away within the first 3 days (due to the omega 3) I take it myself because i'm an athlete.

Nutiva Organic hemp oil

Posted by Reviewer3201356 on Jan 23, 2009

I love this product as not only does it have all of the essential fatty acids which are so necessary for my vegan diet but it actually tastes great. I put it in my smoothies every morning and I can really tell the difference in how I feel since I started taking it. Trying to combine all of the EFA's when you are a vegan is difficult and expensive but this is easy and the price is great. I know I will be using this product for a long long time.

Great Flavor!

Posted by Reviewer2712597 on Apr 08, 2008

I use this in my dressings instead of olive oil. I really enjoy the nutty flavor.

Great Product!

Posted by fvdfvfbvfvb on Jun 29, 2012

My favorite oil for salads, wonderful taste and smell, it is very helpful. On the brand Manitoba is no different, smell and taste is identical, but the bottle is more convenient Nutiva brand.

I will never go without it

Posted by Reviewer2342158 on Oct 05, 2012

Delicious, fresh, pure and so amazing. I am in my 40's and suddenly I am looking years younger. Granted I do take great care of myself, and I take quality supplements from iherb, but nothing made the difference until I added Nutiva Hemp Oil. My fine wrinkles are vastly diminished. My skin has a bounce to it and a plumpness. It looks brighter. My skin is not dry anymore! My scalp is actually getting oily again. This is huge. My joints are also feeling great. My inflammation levels are way down (CRP test much lower). I'm about to add it my dog's diet as well. Please vote for legislation to allow the growing of hemp in the US. We need hemp. VOTE HEMP :) -Michele from Pa.

Best quality hemp oil

Posted by Reviewer2166532 on Sep 21, 2008

fantastic! Lovely smell and nutty flavor. My daughter loves it.

Great product for a great price!

Posted by Reviewer3222415 on Feb 09, 2009

This lasts us quite a while. For those that aren't familiar with Hemp Oil, be aware that it does have a strong, distinctive flavor (that goes well with many things in cooking). It doesn't have the mild flavor of some other oil blends with the same 3,6,9 ratio, however the price is much, much lower!!