• iHerb inventory is extremely fresh, as we buy this product directly from Nutiva, a local company.

• Reviews | English

Good Price

Posted by Reviewer1205664 on Nov 08, 2007

This protein is great with smoothies, and very good price too.

Gritty

Posted by Reviewer3311659 on Jun 12, 2007

I gave this Hemp product 4 stars because of it's awesome nutritional value, but this one is too gritty for my taste. Unless you put it in a smoothie, it's rough!

TC England UK

Posted by Reviewer1890621 on Feb 28, 2008

Product is good,started taking it to build myself up after a short illness,I take it mostly with soya milk,but is also good with fresh juice. Mixing it takes a couple of minutes,to ensure not lumpy,best mixed with a small hand whisk,using a little of the liquid at a time until you have the full half pint glass.

S R

Posted by Reviewer2612811 on Mar 03, 2008

This protein powder is great. The product works fast and I dont have that bloated feeling. It keeps me regular. I make fruit smoothies in the morning and ad this to it.

Nutiva hemp powder

Posted by Reviewer1711701 on Mar 16, 2008

Good but a bit grainey...!

Nutiva, Organic Hemp protein powder

Posted by Reviewer2301840 on Sep 05, 2008

It is of decent quality but I don't think it is as good as efa gold natures way hemp protein powder. This powder seems to have a very strong hemp smell, and the taste isn't all that great. It is probably good quality but Efa Gold Natures way hemp protein seemed to assimilate with my body better and easier. It also had a much better taste, and is cheaper by a dollar or two.

Ugh...

Posted by Reviewer1407035 on Jul 22, 2008

I was looking for a vegan replacement for whey protein and there aren't too many choices out there (Soy is a no for men). I run 3 days a week and also do some weight training. When I switched from whey to Hempseed protein I felt a very noticeable drop in my energy level and recovery time. I find the taste barely tolerable. I mix with berries, banana, and juice to make a smoothie. Once the Hempseed gets added in the taste goes from great to having to force it down. I think this protein is a good choice for those who don't find the taste offensive and who are moderately active and don't need a supplement that provides more protein. Looks like for the time being I am back to whey.

Taste leaves something to be desired

Posted by Reviewer3143026 on Dec 20, 2010

I'm a big fan of toasted hemp seeds and really like the nutty flavor they provide. Unfortunately I wasn't terribly happy with the flavor of this powder. I tried it in milk like I would flax meal, but I didn't get the same delicious nutty drink I was expecting. Maybe I'll try it blended with fruit or in my fresh juice.

rewiew from Greece

Posted by Reviewer1949733 on Feb 07, 2011

an excellent alternative product alhough it tastes awful...It doesn't mix well in water, i recommend it with juice. Thank you iHerb

Good but Gritty & high dose

Posted by Reviewer1181017 on Apr 25, 2011

I wanted this for tube feeding to get Hight protein w/fiber. 4 scoops is too much ., even 1 clogged the tube. It is only good for oral feeding. I reduced the stars based on my needs