• iHerb inventory is extremely fresh, as we buy this product directly from Nutiva, a local company.

• Customer Ratings

excellent

Posted by Reviewer3170769 on Nov 25, 2007

an excellent source of fiber.

Good Price

Posted by Reviewer1205664 on Nov 08, 2007

This protein is great with smoothies, and very good price too.

Nutiva Organic Hemp Protein Powder

Posted by Reviewer1526191 on Nov 06, 2007

As a very busy professional, I don't have the time or energy to pay nearly as much attention as I should to eating a balanced diet. I rarely eat junk or fast food, but I just don't eat a balanced diet and have difficulty getting enough protein. I love this product because it helps me get a good dose of protein in a quick shake that I can drink quickly and take on the run. You really want to drink this fairly quickly anyway because the powder is dense and will settle at the bottom. You can add a banana or other fruit to your shake which helps the powder stay suspended longer so you don't have to drink as quickly. I think this has a decent, kind of nutty flavor, but it isn't a replacement for dessert by any means.

Decent

Posted by Reviewer2312992 on Nov 02, 2007

Taste is ok. Doesn't mix all that well, and quantity needed to get a decent amount of protein is high. Probably the best none meat or dairy protein out there, but can't recommend it over whey or egg proteins. Brian

Gritty

Posted by Reviewer3311659 on Jun 12, 2007

I gave this Hemp product 4 stars because of it's awesome nutritional value, but this one is too gritty for my taste. Unless you put it in a smoothie, it's rough!

Good, but not great

Posted by BelieveJesus4EternalLife on May 04, 2007

While the nutritional value of this product is high, the overall quality is not that great. There are tiny pebble-like things in it. I highly recommend Manitoba brand.

high fiber, tastes good

Posted by Reviewer3085712 on Jan 26, 2007

This is my favorite hemp protein. It tastes very good and is also high fiber. Good protein supplement for those who are allergic to dairy and soy.

Excellent source of fiber

Posted by Reviewer1092290 on Jan 25, 2007

This product actually has more fiber than protein but that is the reason I take it. These days its all but impossible to get enough protein in our diet, even as a vegetarian I find its a challenge with so many types of carbs. I take this twice a day (=100% daily intake) and it keeps the digestive tract moving smoothly. Compare with other fiber products which may have other nice herbs etc. but not enough actual fiber.

Nutiva Hemp Protein

Posted by Reviewer2806330 on Jan 25, 2007

I've tried several Hemp Protein powders, but Nutiva is the best. I love it mixed in with frozen blueberries with a bit of cinnamon,soy milk and stevia. It is loaded with fiber, and has really helped with my irregularity problems.