wouln't be without it!

Posted by Reviewer3088391 on Feb 14, 2011

This is a must have during cold and flu season. I had a school teacher friend tell me that she took one a day and even though her students were out sick a lot, she would never get sick. I tried taking it that way, and feel it is much more effective to only start taking it when you feel something coming on, rather than daily as a preventative. The trick it to start taking it when you know you are coming down with something...at the first hint of sinus pressure, sore throat, stuffy nose, body aches, whatever. And then you hit it hard! Take 4 a day until you feel perfectly fine, then a day or two after that. Taking one or two here and there won't do anything, but if you faithfully take 4 a day, your sickness will never fully develop, or be measuably more mild than everyone else. This has proven itself time and time again in my household of 5 kids and two adults. Everyone else will be missing school and work due to severe colds every year, but I never get sick, or get it very mildly for only a day. My hubby swears up and down that natural medicines are a crock, but always gets mad at me when I point out to him that if he'd take this stuff, he's have no more sick days in bed!

DefensePlus WORKS!!

Posted by Reviewer2240367 on Sep 24, 2009

Love this product and plan on keeping them in stock at home and when I go on trips. As soon as I feel my temperature rising I immediately take this and within a couple of hours I'm back to normal. I was watering my fruit trees yesterday evening and mosquitoes bit me in my arms and hand but the bites were not as itchy and went away within 2 hour!! This maybe because of Defense plus however I am also taking other high antioxidants and immune building herbs so can't say for sure. It feels good to know I have these on hand. This is also better than the plain GSE capsules but the liquid GSE is good to use for cuts or sore throat!!

Happy to find this product on your site

Posted by Reviewer3034738 on Sep 18, 2009

Great product for your immune system. Has kept my daughters and I healthy and free of sickness since we started. Now to find it at this website and the better price than the 1 store in town that carries this - life is good.

Works like a charm

Posted by Reviewer1067600 on Mar 22, 2009

I take this when I feel I am starting to catch a cold or just starting to feel sick. It works like a charm. I start to feel better the next day or avoid cathching the cold.

Grapefruit Seed Extract

Posted by Reviewer2386263 on Oct 11, 2011

This is a great product. I am a mother of several children, and after this product was recommended by several other "mom" friends, I bought this, and it does seem to help to help defend the family during flu season!

NutriBiotic, DefensePlus, 250 mg Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE), 90 Vegan Tablets (

Posted by Reviewer1046347 on Nov 02, 2011

These tablets were purchased on behalf of my son at the request of his naturopath. So I cannot give a personal review as such. But from what my son tells me he has been feeling much better in health since taking these tablets. It has strengthened his immune system. The only small complaint I have is that the dispatch time is slow to Australia.

Great Weapon Against Colds and Flu

Posted by Reviewer2064524 on Oct 24, 2009

This product should be in every home, especially during cold and flu season. Helps build immunity to many seasonal "nasties" out there. We can use all the help we can get when it comes to fighting off illness, and this is one of the absolute best products for this purpose. Highly recommended.

Wow! Keeps sickness away.

Posted by 52NewYou on Feb 09, 2010

I believe that we have stayed clear of being sick this winter, because of these vitamins.

Great Product Best Price on the web for it

Posted by 5544648557022893875 on May 11, 2016

I have been using this product for about 5 years. It works great during allergy season. My 8 year old who sufferers severely from pollen uses this product (1 tablet grounded with honey) to prevent her from wheezing. It also works well at the first sign of an illness such as "cold", it helps to nip it in the bud or reduce the healing time. Herbal first aid for me. Love it. iherb.com prices cant be beat so far and I am grateful for finding this site. Thanks again.

awesome stuff

Posted by 4816197304674756702 on Sep 28, 2016

received this just when i was feeling like i'd caught some cold germs off a flight - was feeling all sore-throaty but popped these 3 days in a row with some good sleep thrown into the mix and i'm all good again - no cold in the end! Fantastic!