NutriBiotic, GSE Grapefruit Seed Extract, Liquid Concentrate, 4 fl oz (118 ml)

Comment by health consultant

Posted by Does-it-do on Mar 31, 2014

This is a experience of a health consultant. "I have been seeking to clarify what the difference is in tastes, also. I am a health consultant and have recommended the original GSE to my clients for more than a decade. A client came to me with the new labeled bottle, saying it tasted different. I finally called Nutribiotic (the manufacturer). I was told that the manufacturer of Citricidal did not register its product with the FDA, so Nutribiotic could not sell GSE for internal use if it contained Citricidal. Therefore, it now uses other suppliers for its grapefruits. They say that's why it tasted different. They say they can't say that the grapefruits are organic because they make up less than 75% of the whole. I don't believe that is correct. I believe that they could say, in the tiny ingredient list, "organic grapefruit seed extract." What bothers me is the fact that the label still says "Original." It is not the same. Also, I am very concerned to hear that it does not function as well as previous batches. Citricidal used a proprietary process to make grapefruit seed extract so effective at killing the bad stuff without harming the good. If Nutribiotic is now making its own formula, it is unlikely that it is using, or knows, the proper method used in Citricidal. I used Citricidal years before the branded "GSE" came out. It saved my life by finally allowing my gut to return to balance. The old formula saved a family member from getting peritonitis when his appendix burst. This obvious bait and switch by Nutribiotic is very disturbing." As for personal experience - yes, the taste has changed, now it is bitterness. But it seemed heleped anyway. Judge upon yourself.

Tastes bad but multi-purpose

Posted by Reviewer1165195 on May 13, 2008

I know that the bitter taste can't be changed considering the source. But I hardly can stand it even in juice. But nothing is better for sores on the gums (10+drops in a cup of h20, gulp & swish before swallowing until it's gone) Mine were gone in days, with no pain, instead of weeks of suffering as usual. Also noticed grapefruit seed extract in some (expensive) 'personal lubricant' at Whole Foods, tried mixing 15+ drops in with 1oz of some I already have , and it makes things far more comfortable, before-during-after... no irritation like I usually get with lubes. I am tempted to give 5 stars, but it just tastes so nasty.

Natural Wonder!

Posted by Reviewer2550970 on Jul 28, 2009

I have had dry cracked callused feet for many years (probably the result of fungus). I am using GSE and see an amazing difference. Although it is still a work in progress, my feet have not looked this "normal" in such a long time. I have used many OTC products ranging from athlete's foot medicine to files (sandpaper) with not very good results. I am very pleased @ the difference so far & cant wait until they are completely healed, naturally!!!

Product has NOT gone bad just improved!

Posted by Reviewer1125475 on May 02, 2013

I too ordered a bigger bottle of the grapefruit seed extract and was surprised that there was no bitter taste; the smaller bottle I had before for the last year or so was bitter when added to water so I thought that's what it was supposed to taste like. Now my new bigger bottle was not bitter at all but more on the sweeter side, so i became worried something went wrong with the formula. I quickly called NutriBiotic and talked to a rep. who assured me that the formula has NOT changed and that it should now taste sweet as opposed to bitter because quite a lot of people were complaining about the bitter taste, so manufacturer's changed but the formula is exactly the same. No worries to all the people leaving negative feedback about being weary of the grapefruit seed oil they are ordering. Call the company and they can explain it all. Thank goodness my bottle is good, I was about to toss it :)

Fake!!!! Don't buy!!!! Many other reviewers agree!

Posted by Reviewer2230524 on Mar 24, 2013

Does not taste like the previous bottle I bought! It is NOT GSE!!!!!!!!!Don't buy!!!!!!