My skin is NOT happy

Posted by Leveeah on Dec 02, 2012

I seem to belong to the very small percentage who can't tolerate this cleanser. Based on the number of positive reviews I was really excited to try it. I have sensitive skin and problems with acne. After a couple days of using this cleanser I developed a burning sensation around my lips. They turned red and raw. My eyes were also irritated. By the third day my hands, forearms and neck started to itch (wherever the cleanser had touched). The acne around my jawline became so inflamed I had to place ice on it. All the ingredients in this cleanser appear to be gentle, so it must be the grapefruit seed extract that causes a reaction for some people. Absolutely horrible!

Lovely Basic Cleanser!

Posted by Reviewer2114892 on Jul 19, 2010

I have acne and sensitive skin, and I've really been liking this cleanser. It's not supposed to really target acne, but I find that it makes my skin less red and irritated because of the soothing ingredients. It foams REALLY nicely, even though it doesn't have an sulfates in it. It's also a fantastic price for such a huge bottle, and you literally need half a pump to cover your entire face. LOVE! :)

Drying

Posted by newday on Nov 17, 2011

Really wanted this to work but tried it for the first time today and it not only dried my face out it dried my hands as well. I have sensitive skin and like so many of us who have sensitive skin, I am constantly trying to find a product I can use that will even out my skin tone, help with roseaca and not dry my skin. The ratings were so high I thought I'd found my product but not this is not for me.

Exceptional quality!

Posted by Reviewer2409680 on Aug 09, 2010

I've tried many products over the years. My skin is very sensitive and I found that using this cleanser is the best thing I have tried. It doesn't dry out my face and my face is now clear and very clean. Thank you.

a 10

Posted by Reviewer2941467 on Feb 22, 2012

after trying every soap i could find, this has helped my skin, no more burningor redness, my eczema and psoriasis are almost gone. i actually feel comfortable going out without make up on. i bought it for my face but have started using it for my whole body now. a 10 in my book.

Allergic reaction

Posted by 5114908337510492971 on May 13, 2013

My skin is not very sensitive, but just after a few days cleansing with this product I woke up and skin was very red and irritated, and had developed a allergic rash. I really hope my skin will clear up soon! Does not recommend this cleanser.

Hydrating cleanser gel!

Posted by TrueReviews on Mar 23, 2014

I like this skin cleanser! I was looking for a gel cleanser to use in the morning when I wash my face that wouldn't leave my skin dry and I'm happy to say that this one is very good! It contains no soap and it has a refreshing texture that that does not dry out my sensitive-dry skin. Very economical, due to the huge bottle. The pump is great too! Only drawback is that the gel almost dissolves in your hands before you put it on your face, so you got to be fast! Click on my username for more reviews. If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

soap

Posted by Reviewer2560485 on Jan 07, 2009

I've been using this brand of soap for 10 years. This one is paraben free,no perfume(add your own essential oil)and does not dry your skin out. I've used this on babies and children.

Burns!

Posted by 5369922322849823629 on Nov 30, 2012

This cleanser was very harsh on my face. It feels like my face is on fire. I also start breaking out w small bumps on my forehead because it dries my face too much. I have tried using only a very small amount of cleanser, or not leaving it on long at all, but it doesn't seem to matter; this cleanser is awful for my skin. I even tried it again after several weeks away from it, hoping that perhaps my first impressions about it were wrong. I had the same bad reaction. I have sensitive skin and rosacea and dealt with cystic acne on my chin in the past (it is currently under control). I wish this cleanser was mild enough for me!

Ruined my skin =(

Posted by Reviewer2428774 on Jun 23, 2012

So I got this a few days ago and have been using it consistently for 4 or so days; big mistake! I used to have smooth, clear skin and now it looks dry, leathery, blotchy and it's given me milia! Not to mention it has completely broken me out (as in cysts and big white heads). Nothing else in my regimen has changed so I can only conclude it's bc of this product. Am sticking to my Olay sensitive skin cleanser from now on.