• California Proposition 65 Warning: Warning. This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.

• Customer Ratings

WORKS!

Posted by Reviewer1149187 on Aug 13, 2009

I ordered this product to effectively eradicate an H Pylori infection that I had been dealing with for over 2 years! I had been experiencing weight loss, fatigue, dark stools, malnourishment, indigestion, & adrenal fatigue. All indicators towards signs of low HCL due to H pylori. I used Mastic Gum for a period of 15 days so far and can feel the difference! I highly recommend 2 capsules in the morning 30 minutes before your first meal and 2 capsules right before bed. Please supplement with DGL and Slippery Elm to heal the gut during this process. Continue this regimen for a minimum of 30 days. Avoid red meat and large meals! Eat lots of alkaline fruits and vegetables! Cabbage is your best friend right now! I wish all of you the best of luck and remember that good health and proper understanding are life's blessings!

Very effective !

Posted by vinetu28 on Aug 31, 2012

For the past three years i have had constant issues with my stomach such as gas, bloating all day, gaining weight, constipation, even though i look skinny. During these three years i went to see different doctors who kept telling me nothing was wrong with me and that I needed to change my diet (which I did) and do more exercise (which i did as well) but my stomach issues kept appearing. At the beginning of this year i decided to do a more thorough check up and ended up finding out I had H. Pylori which i was prescribed two antibiotics (amox and clarith) with another pill called "omeprazole" to take for two weeks twice a day. I only lasted three days because of serious side effects with these drugs so after doing a bit of research online I found out that there was a way to control and eradicate pylori with mastic gum and manuka honey as well as using probiotics. I purchases Nutricology`s mastic gum and finished the bottle (took for one month) and during the time i took mastic gum i decided to try out a gluten free diet and taking a teaspoon of manuka honey before bed. I took the mastic gum this way: one pill (1000mg) two hours before breakfast and one pill at night (one hour before manuka honey). The whole time i took mastic gum i did not have anymore issues with the symptoms i had described in the beginning of this review, i was amazed. My stomach began getting flat like it used to be (im 145lb and 5'8) and i did not have gas issues (passing gas a lot) anymore. When I finished the bottle of Nutricology i purchased a different brand called "Jarrow Formulas Mastic Gum 500" and took it for another month and i felt the same way as when i took Nutricologys brand so both brands worked for me. Flash forward to two months of mastic and manuka and I told my doctor that I was feeling fine and haven`t had issues with my stomach. I highly recommend Mastic Gum to everyone with same issue !

Has really helped!

Posted by Reviewer2463023 on May 17, 2011

I've been taking this for about 3 weeks as I have H pylori. I can now eat without gastric symptoms. I was starting to think I was allergic to everything i ate!!! So sorry you're out of stock!

Mastic Gum helps w/ heartburn

Posted by Reviewer1400381 on Apr 10, 2008

This product was recommended to me as a natural solution to heartburn. I did the perscription ones, but of course they have other problems too. This product works for me to help with my heartburn. I would highly recommend this product to anyone that suffers from heartburn.

good results

Posted by Reviewer3355831 on Apr 14, 2010

I was taking Ulcetrol from Now with much success. Mastic gum was an ingredient at a smaller dosage, as was PepZinGI (Doctor's Best). I have swithced to this and the PepZinGI. It has been two weeks and I am very pleased. This combo is much cheaper than the Now Ulcetrol

Alternative to Pharmaceuticals and Antibiotics

Posted by rabbit on Aug 30, 2012

I LOVE mastic gum. This is amazing stuff. When you open the bottle, you get a whiff of what smells very similar to a pine tree. It is an awesome scent. Recently, I was under a great deal of stress and was having constant pain in my upper abdomen. I am not sure what it was, but it felt like it might be pain from gastritis, ulcers, and/or hiatal hernia. The pain started a few months after I began taking Potassium Gluconate, which I later learned can cause gastritis. I started taking mastic gum along with Doctor's Best PepZinGI, licorice (DGL), slippery elm, and acidophilus. The combination significantly soothed the pain I was having. I am no longer having those pains, so whatever it was must have healed. The mastic gum was my favorite supplement out of all of the others I took and I'd say it was also the most powerful. Whenever it feels like I may have a stomach virus, gastritis, or ulcer pain, it is the first supplement I take. It relieves stomach pain, discomfort, heartburn, acid reflux, and other deigestive conditions very quickly and effectively. I recommend this for anyone with digestive or gastrointestinal issues of any kind. From http://www.modernherbalist.com/products/mastica.html: "It has been found to be an effective alternative to pharmaceuticals in the treatment of gastrititis, gastro-esophegeal reflux disease (GERD) and many types of intestinal inflammation. It is a safe and effective alternative to antibiotics in the treatment of stomach and duodenal ulcers and the clearance of the bacteria so frequently the cause of these conditions, Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori). Unlike antibiotics, Mastica does not eradicate the populations of friendly bacteria in the intestines, so crucial to health and well-being."

the best!

Posted by Reviewer1841961 on May 18, 2010

I healed the lining of my gut with this stuff - and dgl licorice, lots of raw grassfed cheese, kefir, yogurt, Now's ulcetrol. Great for bubble guts, ulcers, leaky gut, low acid. Stinks to high heaven but it works.

Pretty Good

Posted by Reviewer3061101 on Jan 20, 2010

Jarrow's seems more potent even though the dose is not.

could be in a better form (chewable)

Posted by Reviewer1229339 on Feb 23, 2009

It would be nice to make real chewable Mastic Gum available again as it's also very good for teeth health.

Did not work for me.

Posted by Reviewer1948159 on Mar 23, 2010

I had an allergic reaction to this, but I am sure it works for some people.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »