great

Posted by Reviewer1190904 on Oct 18, 2010

Not the best testing thing in the world.. but definately great in a smoothie. I am a vegan and this helps me get some extra protein in for weight training.

Olympian Labs Inc., Pea Protein, 2 lbs 3.2 oz (1000g)

Posted by Reviewer1243295 on Feb 14, 2009

I have been using an egg white protein and I wanted another type of protein to rotate with, so I tried this pea protein. I was very satisfied with it. It is very high in grams of protein per scoop and easy to digest. I am allergic to dairy, so can't use whey protein, so this is a good alternative for me.

Great alternative to soy and whey protein powders!

Posted by Reviewer3008386 on Mar 30, 2009

range. Both soy and whey protein powders make me wheeze. This product seems to be hypoallergenic and packs a punch; 25g protein per scoop. This one is a keeper!

Tasty And Easy To Use

Posted by Reviewer2474359 on Feb 23, 2012

I had been been controlling my meat intake and weight using dairy based whey protein powder. After watching the movie "Forks Over Knives", I decided to move to a 100% vegetarian diet and switched to Olympian Labs Pea Protein as a make up protein source. It's 90% protein content allows me to keep the volume added to a minimum and the cost reasonable. I enjoy it as an addition to a blended fresh vegetable drink. The vanilla flavor is unobtrusive and the powder blends well, with no gritty taste to it. I had noticed this grittiness when using some rice based products. So far I am very happy with this product and have no reservations in recommending it to others.

Great product

Posted by MandyEm on Feb 01, 2013

tastes pretty good too. I love that it has a low glycemic index and pretty decent ingredients. A bit gritty if you don't mix it too well.

Good product, 4 stars

Posted by Reviewer1950359 on Sep 12, 2012

I previously used whey, but gradually developed a mild intolerance to it, so I switched to rice protein. I found a great tasting brand, but rice protein is always grainy in texture and somewhat hard to mix, plus the price went up so I decided to try pea protein. The consistency is excellent, smooth and fluffy, very easy to mix, at least with water. It's also more bioavailable than rice protein. It is mildly sweet because of the xylitol and stevia; certainly not too sweet by any measure! The taste was perhaps the only weakness of the product; it definitely tastes like ground peas, but the vanilla adds a nice touch and I'm sure I'll get used to the flavor eventually.

Olympian Labs Pea Protein

Posted by Reviewer2092919 on Jun 27, 2011

a little powdery. but 1 scoop gives about 25 g of protein.

Seems good!

Posted by Reviewer2728133 on Jul 17, 2010

I bought this product because Olympian labs appear to put a lot of research into their products& this was one of the few natural protein powders to list a BV value. I feel I'm getting a good amount of protein from this& it tastes delicious! One point that concerned me was that on the label it states the powder has a chemical known to cause birth defects. I spoke to Olympian labs & they said this is because of Californian law states that anything from the ground must state on the label that it can contain traces of lead. The amount in the powder though is negligible& not a cause for concern.

Tastes like peas

Posted by Reviewer1378072 on Mar 14, 2010

This is a funny protein powder; cause it kinda tastes like, well, peas. But not in a bad way. The "pea" factor is easily disguised by fruit, agave or almond butter ... I use this becuase I and whey/wheat/soy intolerant. Very high protein factor.

Olympian Pea Protein

Posted by Reviewer1237231 on Sep 22, 2010

This protein formula leaves me feeling very full for a few hours. The taste is very much like eating liquid mashed peas which I don't like but I have started using half scoop with a half scoop of the Rainbow chocolate energizer powder and am now enjoying the taste. The pea taste has gone by doing this.