Overwhelming pea flavor

Posted by Reviewer2095124 on Sep 10, 2010

I am a recent convent to vegetarianism and I am looking for a protein supplement with no whey in it. I tried the pea formula and just could not get past the overwhelming pea flavor. I tried mixing it with almond milk, 1/2 banana and 1/2 cup strawberries and still could not stand it. It did however mix smoothly and easily and was not at all gritty so if you like peas this may be for you.

Not good at all

Posted by 4927572720439194478 on Nov 15, 2013

The taste of this protein powder is actually terrible. I can't keep it down- I've tried several times, but the smell, mixed with the taste just isn't easy to stomach. It also gives my shakes a very grainy and thick texture, which definitely doesn't help with the whole issue of it being terrible. My dairy/ lactose intolerance isn't bad enough to make me use this. I won't be finishing it and definitely wouldn't buy it again or recommend it to anyone.

I wouldn't buy again

Posted by Reviewer1196964 on Jul 28, 2010

It's been very hard for me to find a gluten free protien drink that I like, and this again, is not a good one. I keep going back to the expensive ones, but they taste way better! I'm sure this would maybe taste good mixed into some sort of smoothie or ice cream drink though, but not good to just mix with water and drink.

Tastes Great

Posted by HealthyGuy on Nov 10, 2010

This is the only protein I've taken that doesn't make me gag. I usually drink protein shakes (especially rice) while holding my breath, but this tastes good, though a bit too sweet. I now mix it with rice protein and that seems to work well for me.

Veggie Protein

Posted by Reviewer2746980 on Jan 17, 2011

Love this pea protein. Excellent veggie source of protein. Use it every morning in my smoothie.