Overwhelming pea flavor

Posted by Reviewer2095124 on Sep 10, 2010

I am a recent convent to vegetarianism and I am looking for a protein supplement with no whey in it. I tried the pea formula and just could not get past the overwhelming pea flavor. I tried mixing it with almond milk, 1/2 banana and 1/2 cup strawberries and still could not stand it. It did however mix smoothly and easily and was not at all gritty so if you like peas this may be for you.

I wouldn't buy again

Posted by Reviewer1196964 on Jul 28, 2010

It's been very hard for me to find a gluten free protien drink that I like, and this again, is not a good one. I keep going back to the expensive ones, but they taste way better! I'm sure this would maybe taste good mixed into some sort of smoothie or ice cream drink though, but not good to just mix with water and drink.

Seems good!

Posted by Reviewer2728133 on Jul 17, 2010

I bought this product because Olympian labs appear to put a lot of research into their products& this was one of the few natural protein powders to list a BV value. I feel I'm getting a good amount of protein from this& it tastes delicious! One point that concerned me was that on the label it states the powder has a chemical known to cause birth defects. I spoke to Olympian labs & they said this is because of Californian law states that anything from the ground must state on the label that it can contain traces of lead. The amount in the powder though is negligible& not a cause for concern.

The Best!!!

Posted by Reviewer2388446 on Jul 09, 2010

Love this product! I can't tolerate whey or soy proteins, allergic to both. This sets very well on the stomach and tastes great. I mix it with water and a little rice milk and frozen strawberries. I am so thankful for a great protein powder that I can use!

Good, but does have a distinct 'pea taste'

Posted by Umbridge on May 28, 2010

This is nice - not too sweet, not too overpowering with the flavour, but I find that when I use a whole scoop I can really taste the flavour. Instead, I have been using half a scoop in my smoothies, oatmeal, etc. and that seems to keep the flavour from being overpowering. Of all the vegan protein powders I have tried though, this is definitely in the top 5.

Olympian Labs Protein Powder Rocks!

Posted by Reviewer3167449 on Apr 24, 2010

I'm doing a detox and make a fruit smoothie with this product twice daily. It's slightly sweet and blends well. There is no aftertaste. I ordered my second can to continue the detox for a month, and highly recommend it.

Tastes like peas

Posted by Reviewer1378072 on Mar 14, 2010

This is a funny protein powder; cause it kinda tastes like, well, peas. But not in a bad way. The "pea" factor is easily disguised by fruit, agave or almond butter ... I use this becuase I and whey/wheat/soy intolerant. Very high protein factor.

good

Posted by Reviewer1642838 on Mar 08, 2010

taste very good :)

Pea Protein by Olympian Labs, Inc.

Posted by Reviewer3296031 on Mar 03, 2010

I have been using a Rice Protein and decided to try the Pea Protein. It tastes so much better than the rice and it is twice as much protein. I would highly recommend this product. I mix it will a "green powder" and Pom juice and frozen berries for a delicious and satisfying breakfast smoothie. Since it has more protein than the rice, I feel I am "balancing" out my ratio of carbs and protein much better with this product.

Pea Protein

Posted by Reviewer3055813 on Feb 13, 2010

This is a good protein, but does cause some gas