Ovega-3, Omega-3s DHA + EPA, 500 mg, 60 Veggie Softgels

Unique!

Posted by Reviewer2088629 on Feb 08, 2012

This is a truly excellent supplement. I researched for months to try to find a serious vegetarian alternative to fish oil. A handful of products contain an algae based DHA, but none, to my knowledge have any meaningful amount of EPA in them. In fact, till recently it was considered impossible to produce a vegetarian based EPA. This product has it and in a good dosage too. I have been using this product for about half a year now and I'm extremely happy with the results. I'm very glad iHerb has added it to it's assortment and I will keep buying it here as long as the price remains competitive.

Best Vegan Omega-3!

Posted by rabbit on Aug 29, 2012

This formula gives you the most for your money. I've bought other vegan brands with almost half the amount of omega-3's and half the number of capsules at almost twice the price. In one brand, the capsules broke and I had a fishy-smelling, oily mess for months. The capsules used by this brand are sturdy. No breakage and no fishy smell. Unlike most fish oil, this supplement is guaranteed mercury-free because it is made from algae in a controlled environment outside of the ocean. Many brands only give you DHA, but this brand also gives you EPA which is essential in controlling the body's inflammatory response and regulating depression. Some medical associations for cardiac health recommend taking up to 1000 mg a day for heart health. I take two of them at a time whenever I have a migraine. At the very least, it seems to really help in reducing the pain, but on more than one occasion, it has eliminated my migraine entirely within 10-20 minutes.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer1353572 on Mar 23, 2012

I've been looking for a vegetarian DHA + EPA supplement and this is the best version I can find. I do have to take 8 pills a day to get the dosage recommended by my doctor, but they are pretty soft pills, so easy to swallow 4 at a time.

Unreliable !! Check the quantity !

Posted by 5749801497993469445 on Apr 19, 2014

I bought 6 bottles of Ovega-3, on 3 separate orders, none of them contained 60 softgels, one of the bottles contained just 46 softgels (the rest had 53-59). I was very glad to find a vegan Omega 3 with a high concentration of DHA and EPA, but if the number of softgels isn't as advertised, who knows what's inside each softgel.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer2499297 on Apr 12, 2012

So far, I do like the product. I have not taken it long enough to be able to say for sure, but I took Dr. Oz advice on getting Omega-3 from plant rather than fish.