Supports liver health

Posted by Reviewer1340078 on Dec 20, 2007

I have been using milk thistle seed extract for many years (ever since I've had to take perscription heart medication) because I've read that it helps protect the liver from toxin build-up which can come from many sources - one of which is perscription drugs. I chose this particular brand because I like to use a product that is "naturally grown or ethically wild crafted without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides or preservatives" and because it has 80% silymarin and because it is totally vegetarian. Dawn

Good Product

Posted by Reviewer1426531 on Nov 15, 2007

I found this product to be of high quality and very useful in aiding liver function.

Liver Support

Posted by Reviewer2140768 on Nov 02, 2009

Good product to use when you over-indulge (I take with food/drink or shortly afterwards) to assist your liver. Product has minimal excipients and is a fairly potent milk thistle formula.

quick

Posted by Reviewer1052411 on Aug 30, 2013

Take milk thistle a few times a year. I like to have tea in the evening, and normally caffeine does not affect me at all. I can tell the milk thistle is working because after about two weeks (2 caps a day) I start to get jittery from caffeine. When I back off from the milk thistle, the jitters go away. I interpret this to indicate that my liver is processing caffeine faster than usual. I've given up alcohol and chocolate, I'm keeping my tea!

no fillers

Posted by Reviewer3213560 on Dec 19, 2014

its hard to find any products without the ubiquitous fillers - microcrystalline cellulose can be a big problem for anyone on thyroid meds, but paradise herbs have done it, brilliant

I Actually Bought This For My Dog

Posted by Reviewer2083291 on Jan 27, 2010

Based on information at the Canine Epilepsy Network, I added milk thistle to my dog's diet to try and protect his liver from being damaged by his seizure medication. His vet looked at me like I was nuts when I asked if it would be ok to try, but gave me his blessing. I'll post again after his next blood tests when we know if his elevated liver enzymes have gone back down.

staying healthy on chemo

Posted by Reviewer2863771 on Nov 18, 2007

This is part of my regime for staying healthy during chemo. I feel great.

good value

Posted by Reviewer1871275 on May 08, 2008

seems to be a good price for the potency and quality. not sure how to evaluate its effectiveness however being a relatively heavy drinker i can say that each time i have had blood work done nothing has ever come back to indicate any sort of liver pathology.

Havent tried yet