Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Planetary Herbals, Bacopa Extract, 225 mg, 120 Tablets

Definitely helped

Posted by Reviewer1945933 on Mar 19, 2009

My doctor recommended this for memory and speech problems associated with lyme disease. It has helped.

Major Depressant

Posted by Reviewer2937983 on Dec 06, 2010

This relaxed me a lot but made me depressed. I had high hopes but couldn't handle the depression. I have bipolar disorder and felt that it worked like some anti-convulsant and anti-psychotic medications that I've taken. Kind of a cross between Depakote and Zyprexa. I've never had such a strong reaction with an herb before. Someone should do some serious studies on this.

Helps with sleep and remembering dreams

Posted by ALoren on Sep 28, 2013

I just started taking Bacopa less than 3 weeks ago. However, from the first or second day of taking it, I notice that I can sleep and remember my dreams more easily (I rarely remembered them before). I expect to see more changes (especially in my memory) as I continue taking this (most people say you need at least 6 weeks to see an improvement). The only con side I can see is a slight sedation on some days after taking this.

I was hoping for more

Posted by Reviewer1563040 on Aug 17, 2009

After the reviews I was pretty excited. I have been taking this herb for months before trying this brand. They comments about feeling drowsy are correct. In fact, I take it at night now or I cant drive home for work. yes, its that pronounced. I havnt experienced dramatic memory improvements but I do realize that recall is faster.

Beneficial

Posted by Reviewer3250604 on Jul 04, 2010

This product feels very beneficial- I find it relaxing on the nervous system and on the digestive system. It seems to be exerting these benefits by acting on quite subtle level. I take just one capsule per day, in the morning. (I originally took one before sleeping but found it made my dreams so vivid that I awoke quite exhausted).