Resonable pricepoint and AA profile for a vegan protein, BUY WHY SILICA added?

Posted by FrankieTB on Apr 25, 2014

Not a bad product overall BUT why is "Silica" added? QUOTE Silica is common additive in the production of foods, where it is used primarily as a flow agent in powdered foods, or to absorb water in hygroscopic applications. It is the primary component of diatomaceous earth which has many uses ranging from filtration to insect control. It is also the primary component of rice husk ash which is used, for example, in filtration and cement manufacturing.UNQUOTE I think anyone drinking vegan protein powders has to accept that they are less creamy and stir-friendly than whey, so i think adding silica is just unnecessary... Decent protein content and blend resulting in good AA Profile with BCAAs for price point. Not the worst but not the best.

Great

Posted by Reviewer3362040 on Jan 12, 2012

I like this protein powder. It does take some stirring to get it mixed but a little goes a long way. The taste is slightly chalky.

Great plant protein

Posted by 5357943768567017903 on Apr 12, 2014

I've been using this protein powder for awhile now, gone through about 10 bottles. Having tried one or two other plant based proteins, I'd say this the best tasting one yet - it goes great alone with water, unlike some other powders which are really difficult to swallow without blending with a fruit juice or something. The size and packaging of the bottle is among the better of the plant proteins I researched and the price is also really fair. I think I'll be sticking with this brand for the foreseeable future. The only con would be that whenever you order, iHerb often gives you some free trinket like a pen or sticker. Maybe it's just me but I always feel this is really unnecessary and a waste of resources. One last note - I use about 2-3 scoops of powder in my protein mix after workouts and so far the powder hasn't given me any ill side effects so I'd definitely recommend this brand.

Wonderful protein option

Posted by Reviewer2476430 on Aug 06, 2011

We have dairy and soy sensitivities in our family. This is a wonderful, high protein option. I love that the taste is minimal!

Love Plant fusion

Posted by 5137512700886230222 on Apr 27, 2014

After trying many vegetarian, non soy protein powders I finally found Plant Fusion and I love it. I usually get the chocolate flavor, it doesn't have much flavor and since I mix it with berries and coconut milk I opted for unflavored this time. I don't really notice a difference. Like the Chocolate and Vanilla flavors this is a very, very fine powder so you need to be careful when putting in the blender or mixing cup, it will come flying back up at you. I like that it is non GMO, no soy and no dairy yet high in protein. I mix one scoop with frozen berries,coconut milk and Chia seeds to make a 24oz smoothie and it holds me over till lunch.

Good protein powder!

Posted by Reviewer1191596 on Sep 04, 2011

Only downside is that it doesn't mix that good. Otherwise, good properties and ingredients.

So many qualities

Posted by Reviewer2760250 on Oct 27, 2014

This product is excellent and mixes very well in the preparations that I make with various foods. The unflavored version does not alter the taste of the food to which it is added.

PlantFusion

Posted by Reviewer3351110 on May 12, 2011

My mum loves this product being vegetarian

I can taste it

Posted by 5027283405782543552 on Aug 11, 2016

I have to disagree with the glowing reviews. I can taste this. I've tried it in a couple of different ways, and I honestly can't stand this product. I am only speaking of this one (so-called unflavored) variety. I have not tried any other flavors. Maybe the flavored ones are better. But I put this in almond milk with fruit to make a smoothie, and all I can taste is the powder. I will not purchase this again.