Effective as Moisturizer

Posted by newday on Jun 25, 2012

I generally don't use moisturizers - my hair is both dray and oily. I bought The Pure and Basic Shampoo and so decided to try this too. Both have been a disappointment - they smell wonderful and my hair is less dry but I don't have dandruff as a rule and now I have white flakes. Won't be reordering either.

Great slip & smoothing effect!

Posted by vickyherb on Jun 25, 2015

Wow! This conditioner works great for my 3C hair. Normally I need to use Knot Today to detangle my hair, but this product softens my hair and gives just enough slip to make the process easier. The product definitely has an artificial cherry smell to it, which isn't my favourite, but over time I've grown to enjoy it. Even if I hadn't, I still would've repurchased because of the great benefits!

not for me

Posted by 5086023777523329823 on Oct 24, 2012

maybe it's just too strong for me. it makes my hair too heavy and a bit greasy too fast. I have a normal hair type so maybe this conditioner would be better for someone with more dry and light hair.

good

Posted by naturalsgirls on Jun 28, 2012

softens fine, hair easier to comb, but the flavor is very strong

Very moisturising for dry hair; will only reduce frizz slightly

Posted by 5592741905634868274 on Jul 24, 2016

Before I begin my review, I am South-east Asian with very thick and wavy (NOT curly) hair. The outer layer of my hair is the most damaged and the frizziest; you can separate the frizzy layer from the non/less-frizzy layer and you can see the obvious difference. The non/less-frizzy layer is very healthy and smooth. I have only dyed my hair twice in my life, and have never permed or rebonded it. I have also spent a lot of money on hair products that promise to help with my frizz, but thus far, nothing has really helped. I will write this review as objectively as possible, and hope that my review will help people to spend only where necessary. This review is for both the Natural Moisturising Shampoo and the Natural Moisturising Conditioner, both of which I have used twice. The shampoo is very thick and soapy despite being sulphate-free. My hair became tangled both times while washing and I had to slowly untangle it with my fingers. After washing the shampoo off, my hair was not "squeaky" clean, a very good sign, because from experience, "squeaky" clean hair means that the shampoo has stripped my hair of all moisture. At this point, when I ran my fingers through my hair, it felt really smooth and silky. The conditioner is also very thick and seems to "stick" to my hair pretty well (i.e. it's not runny). I let it stay for a couple of minutes and when I washed it off, my hair was even smoother and silkier and I absolutely loved touching it. When I let my hair dry, I only gently squeeze water out of my hair with a towel. I also only use an ionic hair dryer at zero heat (i.e. cold hair). Both times, my damaged outer layer of my hair remained pretty frizzy albeit less frizzy than usual. When it has dried, I applied my usual hair gel and for the rest of both days, my hair was super smooth and controlled. The damaged layer was visibly less frizzy as well. Please note that I use this hair gel very regularly and it has never worked this well with other shampoos and conditioners I have used. With other shampoos and conditioners, the hair gel will only reduce the frizz for a few hours before the humidity causes my hair to become a frizzy and poofy mess. With Pure & Basic's shampoo and conditioner, the hair gel was really a lot more effective at shielding my hair from humidity. I live in a South-east Asian country where the humidity is CRAZY. As for the smell, I read several reviews talking about how the smell was the best thing on earth. I'm not a huge fan of it, but I like it enough to have it on my hair. For those who need a better idea, it smells a lot like almond jelly and can be quite sickeningly sweet. TL;DR: My verdict? Get the shampoo AND conditioner if you want to moisturise your dry hair. However, if you want to reduce frizz completely or at the very least, extensively, you need to continue looking elsewhere, or use an additional hair product to control the frizz.

Thank you, pure & basic!

Posted by 4995309576182019541 on May 04, 2016

The conditioner has strong amaretto flavor, but it does its work great! Очень рада, что купила. Мне подошел.

Good

Posted by 5221774560195662240 on May 13, 2016

Good

Great product

Posted by 5594718783864641500 on Jun 27, 2012

I am please with every thing

One of my favourite conditioners!

Posted by 4929943016880875540 on Sep 20, 2013

This conditioner is super moisturizing and leaves your hair so soft! I recommend this product if your hair is damaged (like the ends of my hair). I do not like the smell, a strong cherry scent, but I honestly don't care because the product works so well!

Quel odeur !!!

Posted by 4625691847204695098 on Feb 17, 2014

J'aime ce produit, c'est devenu un chouchou pour mes cheveux afro, et son odeur est à tomber!

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »