Pure & Basic, Natural Moisturizing Shampoo, Cherry Almond

Posted by AndyJoBear on Jan 04, 2010

When I first got this stuff I was not really happy with it at all but I was going to use the whole bottle before I ordered anything new. First, I noticed that the rosacea on my face was so much better! Because I soap my face with the extra lather on my hands. Second, I noticed the break outs on my shoulders and down my back disappeared. Third, I noticed that if I did not use conditioner (I have extremely greasy hair) that my hair would not be greasy for two to three days which is absolutely amazing! And Last, I started using it for my body soap and it really has helped my dry skin itchiness. So today, I'm order it again - two bottles.

Great shampoo!

Posted by Reviewer2205435 on Mar 03, 2010

I have EXTREMELY thick, long hair and this shampoo does a good job if I use it along with a clarifying shampoo. Since it is a mositurizing shampoo it seems to build up quite quickly at my roots. It does on the other hand tame down all frizz and makes it super soft and shiny when I blowdry it. it doesn't make your scalp itch either and has a wonderful smell. I just wish the smell lasted after you wash your hair.

Love the Sweet Smell of Cherry Almond

Posted by Reviewer1742559 on Apr 11, 2011

Love how it smells so sweet of cherry almond during shampooing. In fact, the sweet smell still lingers in my hair after washing and drying. It's also a good moisturising shampoo as promised. Surprisingly, I think it has helped to add some volume to my hair too!

The best smell EVER!

Posted by KaliMama on Aug 19, 2009

I can not believe how good this shampoo smells, and everyone I`ve had smell it says the same thing. I am giving this shampoo five stars, even though it`s not the best shampoo for my hair type (oily). My sister had dry hair and it left her hair smooth and manageble. She loved it! I do use this shampoo, just because the smell is so fantastic, but I use it in my 2nd round of shampooing, so that I can use a shampoo for oily hair the first round. Works fine :) My only complaint is that the smell doesn`t last very long. I wish my hair would smell like cherry almond all day, but I`m afraid it doesn`t... My wish and plea for Pure & Basic is that I hope they will make a whole line with this smell. If there ever pops up a cherry almond lotion I will by it for myself and spread the word to everyone I know! I`m sure it would be BIG hit!

Best smelling shampoo

Posted by Reviewer1625550 on Nov 20, 2011

Not really that moisturising for me but the scent is so delicious. I would buy again just to smell the delicious cherries in a bottle. It lathers a lot so it is easy to use less.

I LOVE THE FORMULA AND EVERYTHING BUT

Posted by satokovann on Sep 03, 2016

SOMEHOW IT LEAVE KINDA STICKY COATED FEEL ON MY SKIN.

Good

Posted by naturalsgirls on Jun 28, 2012

Good foaming washes and hair, are best used in conjunction with air conditioning! He has a strong aroma!

Good moisture.

Posted by 5548166902565208896 on Oct 14, 2013

Can not really smell the almond, but the strong cherry smell is great. Very nourishing, and good for color treated hair.

Great

Posted by 5594718783864641500 on Jun 27, 2012

I well order again from them

Very moisturising for dry hair; will only reduce frizz slightly

Posted by 5592741905634868274 on Jul 24, 2016

Before I begin my review, I am South-east Asian with very thick and wavy (NOT curly) hair. The outer layer of my hair is the most damaged and the frizziest; you can separate the frizzy layer from the non/less-frizzy layer and you can see the obvious difference. The non/less-frizzy layer is very healthy and smooth. I have only dyed my hair twice in my life, and have never permed or rebonded it. I have also spent a lot of money on hair products that promise to help with my frizz, but thus far, nothing has really helped. I will write this review as objectively as possible, and hope that my review will help people to spend only where necessary. This review is for both the Natural Moisturising Shampoo and the Natural Moisturising Conditioner, both of which I have used twice. The shampoo is very thick and soapy despite being sulphate-free. My hair became tangled both times while washing and I had to slowly untangle it with my fingers. After washing the shampoo off, my hair was not "squeaky" clean, a very good sign, because from experience, "squeaky" clean hair means that the shampoo has stripped my hair of all moisture. At this point, when I ran my fingers through my hair, it felt really smooth and silky. The conditioner is also very thick and seems to "stick" to my hair pretty well (i.e. it's not runny). I let it stay for a couple of minutes and when I washed it off, my hair was even smoother and silkier and I absolutely loved touching it. When I let my hair dry, I only gently squeeze water out of my hair with a towel. I also only use an ionic hair dryer at zero heat (i.e. cold hair). Both times, my damaged outer layer of my hair remained pretty frizzy albeit less frizzy than usual. When it has dried, I applied my usual hair gel and for the rest of both days, my hair was super smooth and controlled. The damaged layer was visibly less frizzy as well. Please note that I use this hair gel very regularly and it has never worked this well with other shampoos and conditioners I have used. With other shampoos and conditioners, the hair gel will only reduce the frizz for a few hours before the humidity causes my hair to become a frizzy and poofy mess. With Pure & Basic's shampoo and conditioner, the hair gel was really a lot more effective at shielding my hair from humidity. I live in a South-east Asian country where the humidity is CRAZY. As for the smell, I read several reviews talking about how the smell was the best thing on earth. I'm not a huge fan of it, but I like it enough to have it on my hair. For those who need a better idea, it smells a lot like almond jelly and can be quite sickeningly sweet. TL;DR: My verdict? Get the shampoo AND conditioner if you want to moisturise your dry hair. However, if you want to reduce frizz completely or at the very least, extensively, you need to continue looking elsewhere, or use an additional hair product to control the frizz.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »